Any Youth bows for sale for Jake?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Edcyclopedia

Re: Any Youth bows for sale for Jake?

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:32 am

Spy - that Bear Bow package looks smokin...

I'll throw that one on the research list too!

Thanks guys!!!

Hodag - I wasn't sure if you were traveling to the North East many years ago and giving the table clothes away to all you lady friends as gifts...
My wife never mentioned no HH or anything - had me wondering for a minute :P

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:27 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Spy - that Bear Bow package looks smokin...

I'll throw that one on the research list too!

Thanks guys!!!

Hodag - I wasn't sure if you were traveling to the North East many years ago and giving the table clothes away to all you lady friends as gifts...
My wife never mentioned no HH or anything - had me wondering for a minute :P

I worked one project in New Jersey for 11 months in 2003/2004. ;)

Had my wife, then girl friend, along for that trip so no sniffing around for me on the east coast. :lol:

Maybe my wife picked up on the east coast when out there if she was sniffing around? :o ........... ;)
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 pm

I got a mission menace for my daughter like hodag has just in regular camo and it's a nice bow

My friends daughter shot a 250 lb black bear (dressed) and a few deer with her menace
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:14 pm

BassPro was having a 20% off sale and had them set it up for Jake.
19" draw and the lowest they could set the weight @ was 22-23 pounds for that draw length.

Unfortunately he was disappointed when he couldn't pull it back, although close, he will need a few more months which puts this as a maybe for his July b-day...
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:32 pm

22 pounds is a lot of stuff for a new archer to start with. As he shoots his strength will increase fast.

At that draw length other bows can get in the mid teens. Don't remember my daughters actual draw length but the weight is 12 pounds. Bow manufacture doesn't advertise the bow going that low but that's what we have.

Any pro bow shops in your area?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:28 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:22 pounds is a lot of stuff for a new archer to start with. As he shoots his strength will increase fast.

At that draw length other bows can get in the mid teens. Don't remember my daughters actual draw length but the weight is 12 pounds. Bow manufacture doesn't advertise the bow going that low but that's what we have.

Any pro bow shops in your area?

Yeah, there is a gr8 shop about 50-minutes from me; he also gives lessons and is part of the Olympic practice squad or something like that...

I will get him sized up there and also get him lesson so I don't get into arguments about what Jake knows verses me... You know what I mean...;)
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:11 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:BassPro was having a 20% off sale and had them set it up for Jake.
19" draw and the lowest they could set the weight @ was 22-23 pounds for that draw length.

Unfortunately he was disappointed when he couldn't pull it back, although close, he will need a few more months which puts this as a maybe for his July b-day...

I'll bet he is tickled to have a new bow. 22 is a lot of grunt for an 8 year old. Why could they not set the weight lower?
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:41 am

Stanley wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:BassPro was having a 20% off sale and had them set it up for Jake.

I'll bet he is tickled to have a new bow. 22 is a lot of grunt for an 8 year old. Why could they not set the weight lower?

Well he didn't get the bow yet Stanley, it'll be a July birthday gift ...

BassPro (FYI - wouldn't recommend the one in NH for bow setup) said that due to his draw length, that was the lowest poundage it could go...?
I'm not a bow nut (meaning an expert), but the main reasons I didn't purchase the bow just yet is:
1. Jake couldn't pull it back
2. The monkey's running around @ BP and listening to their conversations told me they were a bunch of rookie bow tech's, even to me
3. Defaulted back to my bow guy, who seems to be a legit owner, professional archer and traveling hunter.
* This guy lost the master's division by 3-points for a country wide tourney that I believe was in PA about 2-years ago when his contact lens popped out as he squeezed his release and completely missed the target...
He's also involved in the Jr. Olympic for Archers to some capacity.

I'll make the trip there soon and see what he can do for me...
Jake's lip quivered when I told him he would have to wait a few more months, his eyes filled w/ tears and Jake said I just want to be like you Daddy with a big bow
Very compelling and hit home hard for me... Soon Jake, soon!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:23 am

I don't know if it will fit him yet Ed but I have a like new Diamond razors edge I can part with. It was my wife's and it hardly was used.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 am

Thanks for thinking of us Brad -

It's not pink is it?
Jake has already commented that he cannot hunt with a pink bow :lol:

is it all setup with sight, quiver, loop, etc?
What year is it?

What you thinking of price wise?
Shoot me a PM or you can put it on here, maybe a pic too...?
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:29 am

It's a 2009, real tree camo. It has a whisker biscuit rest and a sims stabilizer. I will see if I can find a sight and a quiver for it. I'll come up with a price once I know what alls included. She stopped using this one when she got her Hoyt Charger, but this one is in excellent shape.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:06 am

Brad wrote:It's a 2009, real tree camo. It has a whisker biscuit rest and a sims stabilizer. I will see if I can find a sight and a quiver for it. I'll come up with a price once I know what alls included. She stopped using this one when she got her Hoyt Charger, but this one is in excellent shape.

Cool thanks!
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:34 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:Just like an adult take him to a bow pro shop and let him pick the bow out that fits him best after shooting a few.

Both my kids picked their own bows and still are shooting them today because of the vast amount of adjustment youth bows have.

Sons bow was purchased when he was 6 and he is 13 now. A $250 intial investment is well worth it. Throughout the years we have upgraded arrows and other items. He has killed quite a few deer with this bow.

Daughter picked hers when she was 6, she is 7 now so only 2 years shooting for her.

Shooting with my son this weekend (he shoots bear first shot) I can tell he's ready for a new bow, I was questioning at 6 if he'd pick what felt better to him, but why not shoot different ones and which ever one he picks than that'll be it, unless it's pink I'm thinking, lol thanx!

"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 am

Did I ever send you any pics of this?
Edcyclopedia wrote:
Brad wrote:It's a 2009, real tree camo. It has a whisker biscuit rest and a sims stabilizer. I will see if I can find a sight and a quiver for it. I'll come up with a price once I know what alls included. She stopped using this one when she got her Hoyt Charger, but this one is in excellent shape.

Cool thanks!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”