hey guys! newbie here looking for advice. with map

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

showtime603

hey guys! newbie here looking for advice. with map

Unread postby showtime603 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:14 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post after finding the site and i have been reading up as much as i can to try and change my hunting game.. Over the years i have killed a lot of deer, but never any really big bucks.. so i am trying to change that. My question is, on one of my cameras on a food plot i have, i just got a pic of a really really good buck for my area. The neighbor( which is literally less than 200 yards) told me just the day before that he had been seeing a big buck in his field, and i kinda blew it off, because here a lot of people consider decent deer really good deer... Well the next day when i checked my camera there he was! So here is the question... i have a blind set up on this field that has a group of 20 year old planted pines to my west(behind me from my blind location) hardwoods and swamp to my south and east( boarders my plot) and a field to my north that goes up to my father in laws home. Also, this is all on less than 26 acres with neighbors on the west and east of me and the swamp and large tract of land to the south. I know the buck has been on the neighbors place to the west of me and i have a feeling he may be bedding in those pines( which is only about a 100yards wide from my field to his) I have at least 10 doe come in every afternoon in shooting light to eat and our rut is actually about to break off any day now and get going. Would you guys stay where I am and hunt the does since they are like clockwork and hope he comes out in shooting light? or would you try and scout a little to determine where he is bedding.. my fear is i will bump him and never see him again since i am so limited on land and surrounded by other hunters... any advice is appreciated... I am about to upload a arieal view of the property.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”