Your honest opinion on Drury outdoors?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter10
500 Club

Your honest opinion on Drury outdoors?

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Besides chats with my hunting buddies what do you think of the Drury hunting DVDs, fair chase, realism etc. I own many of there DVDs and although their style of hunting won't happen in most of our areas I do think they present themselves we'll compared to other hunting shows, great bunch of guys, put together great stories, seem to hunt legitimately even though they manage great amount of land. I enjoy the Drury boys for the stories more than the actual kill. What do you guys think... Legit show or just the same as every other.. Bet some guys hunt land not far off from some of the prostaff etc. and no I am not affiliated with them at all, just looked through my over abundance of hunting DVDs tonight and Drury take up 95% of them

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Your honest opinion on Drury outdoors?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:42 pm

I really like their stuff. Informative and entertaining. I honestly think the Drury brothers could hunt circles around most.

Yes, they manage a lot of land for trophy bucks but they also KILL their target bucks.

A lot of guys can grow them to 4.5+. Far less can kill them once they get to that age. A lot of people don't recognize this this challenge when they sign up for trophy management.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:12 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:I really like their stuff. Informative and entertaining. I honestly think the Drury brothers could hunt circles around most.

Yes, they manage a lot of land for trophy bucks but they also KILL their target bucks.

A lot of guys can grow them to 4.5+. Far less can kill them once they get to that age. A lot of people don't recognize this this challenge when they sign up for trophy management.

that's because they use scent blocker lol and ozonics :? :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 am

I liked the Drurys' early videos a lot better, say 10-15 years ago, there was more of the real world to relate to.

I don't have a problem with what they do now, beyond not having much to relate to with hunting celebs.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:58 am

That's Entertainment...... :P

Most visual media entertainment has a disconnect from reality.....even reality TV.

:lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:02 am

I really never watch hunting videos or shows, but I tuned into a show with Drurys they had on years ago that really turned me off. It was something where they were judging armature hunters, and the guy they were judging they were really bashing cause of his lack of scent control, even though his hunt was successful. It was like they were forcing hunters to be exactly like them to be on the show... I don't really have any issue with them, just did not like the episode I tuned into. Maybe I did not get the concept of the show.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:21 am

JoeRE wrote:[glow=red]I liked the Drurys' early videos a lot better, say 10-15 years ago[/glow], there was more of the real world to relate to.

I don't have a problem with what they do now, beyond not having much to relate to with hunting celebs.

I agree with you there. Back then it was also more hunting tactics, less land management.

I remember watching one of their first videos in the late 80s/early 90s where they demonstrated and explained thermals on camera with a light weight thread affixed to the end of their stabilizer. That was a real eye opening experience for me at the time and I found myself pedaling my bike to my favorite local woodlots to map thermals with string and dandelions.

Dan, I think you are referring to the Dream Season show. Not my cup of tea either, but I give them credit. They found a way produce a successul show/hunting competition without it feeling overly like a killing contest.
Mibowhunter91

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:05 am

Out of 95 percent of the shows out now I enjoy their shows way more than the others I do believe they are great hunters who happen to have a huge amount of land they can manage

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:22 am

I watched the thing they did with the Iowa DNR. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't watched any of their shows on TV. I did watch a couple of their DVDs years ago. They were ok. One I did see they were wearing scent blocker and got wind busted by a buck. Go figure. ;)
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:38 am

I have one of their first if not their first video and all I can say is they were horrible hunters when they started, at least that is my judgement based on this video. I give them credit though because they have never stopped learning and becoming better with archery equipment. I dont watch many shows these days but have seen an occasional one here and there. I think they know what they are doing now but essentially they are product salesmen with a tv show that is just a big infomercial.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:47 am

BigHunt wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:I really like their stuff. Informative and entertaining. I honestly think the Drury brothers could hunt circles around most.

that's because they use scent blocker lol and ozonics :? :lol:

That's what the celebs call the "Big-O"
Happens to be for all the wrong reasons - LOL...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:31 am

Terry seems like a good guy.. Mark seems a little arrogant but who knows? I have some of their stuff. They do a good job of incorporating a story with the hunt. Seems like a close family too.

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:40 am

I agree with what Dan had to say, but I do have a hand full of their early videos and enjoy watching them. I believe Kisky is a better hunter as far as celebs go.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:49 am

Can these celebrity hunters kill big bucks on public if they have to work a factory job 4O hrs per week ?

HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:59 am

I like em. If Im gonna watch tv I dont mind their show for entertainment.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”