Your honest opinion on Drury outdoors?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
trapper57
500 Club

Re: Your honest opinion on Drury outdoors?

Unread postby trapper57 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:11 am

I get a kick out of when they get busted wearing scent blocker and ozonics machine running.
Imagine that!!!
Gotta get a paycheck I guess.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:11 am

I used to really enjoy their show... I have not watched one now in a few years. Don't miss it...

Whitetail adrenaline is the show that has caught my eye with a trailer. I'd like to watch their latest videos

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 am

john1984 wrote:Can these celebrity hunters kill big bucks on public if they have to work a factory job 4O hrs per week ?

I'm confident they could and do it well. They are workaholics.

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:50 pm

I am truly sick and tired of their Tru Fire Hardcore commercial! I will say, if they truly did have as much influence on the SB Dreamseason line of camp, they did a great job. I have the thicker outfit and I really like the way it is laid out, the pockets, and what not. I don't believe it helps control my scent and I now know the camo pattern could be better but it is a great cold weather hunting outfit.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Bhuntin

Unread postby Bhuntin » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Bucky wrote:I used to really enjoy their show... I have not watched one now in a few years. Don't miss it...

Whitetail adrenaline is the show that has caught my eye with a trailer. I'd like to watch their latest videos

I used to buy the Drury videos but it's been a good 8yrs at least since I got one. I think there is a tip or two you can pick up from them and all their years of experience, but I'm never going to hunt that way and it just got harder and harder to relate. The last videos I got were Dan's videos about three or four years ago and then the Whitetail Adrenaline guys. Learned a lot from Dan's videos and the WA guys are fun to watch and make you laugh. Even the wife will watch those videos with me. Well worth the money.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:08 am

Bucky wrote:I used to really enjoy their show... I have not watched one now in a few years. Don't miss it...

Bucky I don't buy other videos anymore... too commercialized and we've all seen prime managed land deer die in a food plot. I have talked to Jared on the phone a few times... he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and their DVD's are top notch. If you haven't watched any of their videos "Droppin' the Hammer" is my favorite. Calm before the Storm is good too. Their latest "The Reckoning" is a 2 disc set and it gets a little long and drawn out, but they still have some insane footage. They are ten fold better than any other show out there IMO
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:45 am

I used to really enjoy their vids/shows, if for nothing else the entertainment value. But the last few years the majority of their hunts aren't even out of treestands. They sit in elaborate shooting houses in large food plots, it may be effective, but it makes for BORING tv/video. I like to see hunts where guys/gals are in an actual stand and in the timber.
rutjunkie

Unread postby rutjunkie » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:33 am

Does anybody know what drury video has ben rising's iowa public land hunt? That hunt I would pay to see. I can't watch those hunts that an average guy can't relate to.

There is only so many Novembers in ones life, make the most of them.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:52 am

rutjunkie wrote:Does anybody know what drury video has ben rising's iowa public land hunt? That hunt I would pay to see. I can't watch those hunts that an average guy can't relate to.

It's whitetail madness 17 or Dream Season 17.

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 am

Is that the monster he shot on a 4 wheeler trail from a skinny tree in the open? If so I love that one.
Bowhunter74201

Unread postby Bowhunter74201 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:29 pm

there aren't too many shows i can stomach, but theirs aren't bad. besides the endless product pimping.. but their footage is usually good. i just watch for the entertainment factor. that style or method of hunting doesn't apply here.
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:48 am

I used to watch their videos up until a few years ago. It just got old with them plugging every product they use. I'm lucky enough to hunt some good property in western WI but still, its 65% habitat and pressured. Not much in common with Drury's ground, hardly the same animal even. I guess i haven't watched them much lately but when was the last time they shot a deer that wasn't in a food plot/field?
Cuttem Jack

Unread postby Cuttem Jack » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 am

Rising's hunt is on whitetail madness 6.

http://store.druryoutdoors.com/drury-dv ... ess-6.html

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:09 am

They do give good info about what moon and weather fronts they like to hunt. They don't give specifics Instruction about it, but they do mention what front and moon phase they shot the animal on/during

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:19 am

my honest opinion on drury outdoors.....a couple normal guys that had a dream and achieved it . seriously, these guys started from the bottom. they werent shooting booners like they frequesntly do now on their first videos. they own a lot of their own land and manage it very wisely. if i had aas much land as they do and i managed it so the deer were relaxed enough to come out in broad daylight into crop fields i would be hunting crop fields also...why wouldnt i? i mean a lot of people get huffy about people hunting food plots but i know a lot of the same people hunting this way in late season so whats the difference, you are adapting to season or your adapting to your local deers behavior. do i agree with sponsor pimping eh not really unless they believe in the product and its paying thier bills so i cant fault them. i only know what i see i dont know them personally and their videos are entertaining some more than others. its a long winter i like watching videos they arent all meant to learn from sometimes you learn what not to do also......

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”