Lost my early season

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: Lost my early season

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 am

Pink wrote:Ouch! You'll be up a tree before ya know it!
Something else for everybody to think about - I have a friend that was climbing down his tree and jumped off the last step, his wedding ring caught the step he was hanging on to and "gloved" him. He had a glove on and didn't even realize what had happened until he took it off. All the skin and the ring were wadded up in the tip of the finger of the glove. He lost the finger. For safety reasons we don't even allow people to wear rings at work. Just something to think about. Be careful out there!

Thanks Pink, and you're right everything can change in a second, I hope everyone has a safe season.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 am

Uncle Lou wrote:Wish you a speedy recovery IH. Hope your dad scores on the Buck and way to make the best of the situation.

Yeh, that pic is pretty gruesome

Thanks for the well wishes Uncle Lou. Dad is backing out on the buck because he is afraid of messing it up, because it is going to be tricky to set up on, but I am trying to convince him to go for it. That would definitely make things feel a little better to me if Dad can connect.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 am

Hey Indianahunter....Im grateful to see you are still faithful to the lord and are accepting all of the trials that are being thrown at you. God has very interesting ways of blessing those who suffer I know that from experience. Blessing of a MONSTER BUCK??? haha who knows but I hope you get well man and stay faithful to the lord I will keep you in prayer. Thanks for the post.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:15 am

IH- good luck with the appointment today, you know we are pulling for you. Not a problem to lean on your Beast brothers anytime! I'll be checking back later to see how things are going.

Bridge
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:35 am

Sorry to hear about the hard times Indiana....We all have them and know what you are going through. You will be back out there before you know it.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:38 pm

A praise report, God is merciful. Went to the surgeon he was actually angry that the er doctor said that to me and that I was not going to lose the finger. He removed the nail and stitches which he said was done improperly and causing problems, scrubbed it and put me on two antibiotics. Already I feel less pain then I have in the last 5 days. I am so happy and grateful. Will take a while to completely recover, but I will take that news any day. Thanks everyone, it means a lot.
Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Praying for ya bobby, hang in there bro
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:21 am

Great news Bob... 8-)
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 am

Definitely good news, IH! 8-)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 am

Went to the doc today and he said things look like they are healing perfectly. Still very sore, but better. I get the stitches out completely next Tuesday...YEAH!
Thanks everyone for the continued prayer and support. Heck I might even get out before Gun season starts :mrgreen:
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:50 am

Hoping you do get to get out soon, but, don't push it and end up extending your time away from hunting. Maybe just get out there with a camera, practice calling if you like to do that or just to be out there. Every day in the woods brings it's own treats for those willing to just be there!!!!!
Glad to hear the healing is happening and the pain is better controlled.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 am

Sounds like your making good progress. Keep it up!
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:24 am

Well the finger is healing but very sore and sensitive to everything. The last visit at the Doc he told me everything was healing well and that I could shower without anything covering my finger. Well the water hitting it was horrible painful so I have been leaving my wrap on and changing and cleaning the thing after my shower. What he neglected to mention was that the reason he wanted me to shower without it cover was to remove dead and or dying skin as it forms. So now tonight I have to soak my finger in purified saline water and scrub with a wash clothe. He said to stop when it starts bleeding....It hurts just thinking about it. This thing is so sensitive to heat and cold. He told me I could go hunting if I thought I could handle the pain, but not to get it near a charcoal activated hand warmer. So I am going to go scrub the finger shortly if I am man enough and see how it feels come Friday night and decide if I can hunt Saturday morning. Man this is wearing me out!
Finger Healing.jpg
:( :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 am

Looks Nasty, now scrub it so you can get out hunting! Seriously though, I hope you feel better and are able to deal with the pain. A buddy of mine cut the tip of his finger off, a long time ago, and he always complained about how sensitive it was to cold. :(
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:22 pm

I hope you are able to get back out there hunting Saturday, as that should help keep your mind off the pain. You will no longer feel the pain when you put the hammer down on a big boy. Good luck and get out there Saturday.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”