She does it again.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hoyt

Re: She does it again.

Unread postby hoyt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:26 am

I didn't mean to direct my statement about not being jealous to anybody. I'm just not jealous of her or anybody on TV hunting shows and I wouldn't hunt their property or on an outfitters property or on private land..it's just not my cup of tea.

Some private land leases etc. are as pressured as public land..but there's many reasons I don't like hunting private land and do public land other than the deer are wilder in most cases on public due to being shot at and hunted from the day they became legal.

mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I have been on this site for about 1.5 years now. I have never gotten the feeling that if I killed a mature buck that I would be judged differently based on whether I killed it on private or public. In fact, this is the most positive site I have seen. No place is perfect due to the human element but as far as honest experience and positive encouragement, it doesn't get any better than this.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:15 am

Crazinamatese wrote:No jealousy here. Just tired of seeing people worship these celebrities like they are god's gift to hunting. :roll:

Completely agree. I don't understand when people talking about hunting celebrities. I don't see them as celebrities, just people who hunt for a living.

It's a great accomplishment to shoot a buck the size she did. Do I think she has a distinct advantage because of who they are? You bet. I bet you many big outfitters are giving them hunts to push their outfitting business. If the outfitter is going to be on the show, they are going to put them in the absolute best stands to get them a bug buck and increase their business, which is completely understandable. Do I think Lee is a great hunter, absolutely. I've heard that he is quite knowledgable. Do I think they get better stand placements over the average joe when at an outfitter, you better believe it.

They went on a Bighorn sheep hunt that would have cost the average person 90K. I have to think that hunt was discounted because of who they were and because it was on TV. Again, I completely understand outfitters doing this, they are trying to get business as well.

Good job to her no matter what, those are some great bucks.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:43 am

Bigb wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:No jealousy here. Just tired of seeing people worship these celebrities like they are god's gift to hunting. :roll:

Completely agree. I don't understand when people talking about hunting celebrities. I don't see them as celebrities, just people who hunt for a living.

It's a great accomplishment to shoot a buck the size she did. Do I think she has a distinct advantage because of who they are? You bet. I bet you many big outfitters are giving them hunts to push their outfitting business. If the outfitter is going to be on the show, they are going to put them in the absolute best stands to get them a bug buck and increase their business, which is completely understandable. Do I think Lee is a great hunter, absolutely. I've heard that he is quite knowledgable. Do I think they get better stand placements over the average joe when at an outfitter, you better believe it.

They went on a Bighorn sheep hunt that would have cost the average person 90K. I have to think that hunt was discounted because of who they were and because it was on TV. Again, I completely understand outfitters doing this, they are trying to get business as well.

Good job to her no matter what, those are some great bucks.

X2 except I DO see them as "celebrities".

iowa whitetail
500 Club

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 am

Private hunters do get judged hear not saying it's bad or shouldn't happen but it does. Some people think since you don't hunt public your not good, doesn't make since. You will learn way more about deer if you can watch them from year to year and learn thear habits. People get into it so much they give things up to buy land and manage it. The people who don't own land have no clue how much time it really takes to do it right. Instead of just sticking to public land you buy ground manage it kill big bucks, I would say that's being the better hunter.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I have only read the last page of this thread. I never thought it was that remarkable that Tiffany got a big buck on one of her farms. It's not jeolousy or negativity that made me uninterested. Frankly I'm happy for her. She probably has killed more than 5 bucks already that'll beat my future biggest buck. But we all know how the lakowskys do it right? Their land and pressure is micro managed to the nth degree with pretty much the sole purpose to grow big deer. Am I wrong about this?

I think if many of the posts were negative, well it's simply because we can't relate. At least that's why I didn't care to begin with. There are so many beautiful women on this earth. You have to learn how to look at each and everyone of them to understand how she is special. As much as a big deer makes Tiffany stand out among her same-gendered peers, I think if we all reflect on it a little, our wives/significant others all have something on Tiffany Lakowsky too, and tthat makes this nothing more than another hunter gets a big deer type of thread.

Good gor Tiffany but let's keep things in perspective: it's all about our ability to relate.

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Wonder if she guts her deer she shoots

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”