She does it again.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

exojam

Re: She does it again.

Unread postby exojam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:39 am

headgear wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
exojam wrote:I still find it interesting that if the average joe gets a big buck everyone has positive things to say, she gets one and a lot of folks dog her for it, I wonder why that is :think:

Jealousy

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Nope, its about cheering for the underdog. We do it in sports all the time and if life in general. Tiff has been shooting huge bucks for a long long time, I don't think she needs any more pats on the back. However when someone shoots a huge buck on public or after hunting their own land for years you can feel the excitement in their posts. It's natural to be proud and happy for their accomplishment, especially when they actually post on the beast and you get to know them on some level. It doesn't always have to be jealously or negativity, some just get more out of guys getting it done with less than celebrity hunters knocking em down multiple times a year.

So Dan has been shooting big bucks every year and we all congratulate him, same with Spy and others here. They hunt their way and she hunts her way, what's the difference?

What about Andrea, he hunts managed land also. Do not see anyone saying anything negative when they hear he scored a nice buck.

From what I have read here over the few years I have been here, getting a buck like that is not a easy ting to do.

And I do not think I need to point out that is not an attack on Dan or Spy, just mentioning guys that always get it done.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:17 am

If you want to take it on a case by case basis that is fine, I was just pointing out why it doesn't have to be jealously and negative feelings if we don't jump up and congratulate every celebrity over a big buck. Truth be told I get more excited for a guy posting up his or her first deer or first big buck vs Dan or Spy shooting multiple bucks a year, I am happy for all of them but have to admit I favor the "little guys". Just look at Dan's contest he runs every year, if it was about inches we would just do gross scores but it's more about the story vs the antler. I have no shame in saying I favor the public land hunters when I vote. I've also voted for plenty of huge racks in the contest but the story has to stack up to the rest of them. Put it this way exo, if tiff posted here and enter her two huge muzzy bucks in the contest and you shot a spiker, you'd get my vote every time. No doubt some of the negative post towards her maybe aren't necessary but at the same time you have "she does it again" threads like it is some extraordinary thing. Maybe it is maybe it isn't but really all we have is our own opinions and that is up to us to decide how to use them.
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:30 am

headgear wrote:If you want to take it on a case by case basis that is fine, I was just pointing out why it doesn't have to be jealously and negative feelings if we don't jump up and congratulate every celebrity over a big buck. Truth be told I get more excited for a guy posting up his or her first deer or first big buck vs Dan or Spy shooting multiple bucks a year, I am happy for all of them but have to admit I favor the "little guys". Just look at Dan's contest he runs every year, if it was about inches we would just do gross scores but it's more about the story vs the antler. I have no shame in saying I favor the public land hunters when I vote. I've also voted for plenty of huge racks in the contest but the story has to stack up to the rest of them. Put it this way exo, if tiff posted here and enter her two huge muzzy bucks in the contest and you shot a spiker, you'd get my vote every time. No doubt some of the negative post towards her maybe aren't necessary but at the same time you have "she does it again" threads like it is some extraordinary thing. Maybe it is maybe it isn't but really all we have is our own opinions and that is up to us to decide how to use them.

Headgear,

I was not trying to make it a case by case thing, I was putting my thoughts out there. Not trying to argue with anyone, just having a discussion.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:26 am

Same here, no hard feelings.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:39 am

I don't take seriously what these big name hunters are killing. Except for Dan. They are hunting on a different planet than most of us. I think a guy or gal killing a 3.5 year old buck on public land is a better accomplishment.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:41 am

Hawthorne wrote:I don't take seriously what these big name hunters are killing. Except for Dan. They are hunting on a different planet than most of us. I think a guy or gal killing a 3.5 year old buck on public land is a better accomplishment.

I agree.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:36 am

I agree as well, others may not but it can really depend on your point of view.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:50 am

Hawthorne wrote:I don't take seriously what these big name hunters are killing. Except for Dan. They are hunting on a different planet than most of us. I think a guy or gal killing a 3.5 year old buck on public land is a better accomplishment.

I'm in the minority as I disagree. I put her 190 inch buck as a much bigger accomplishment than a 3 year old on public. I don't know what it is, but they get a heck of a lot harder to hunt on public (and private) when they get 4+!

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:09 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:

I'm in the minority as I disagree. I put her 190 inch buck as a much bigger accomplishment than a 3 year old on public. I don't know what it is, but they get a heck of a lot harder to hunt on public (and private) when they get 4+!

So do you think she could scout on her own, pick a spot to set up and easily kill a 3 year old buck on public? :think:

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:27 am

Dewey wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

So do you think she could scout on her own, pick a spot to set up and easily kill a 3 year old buck on public? :think:

I believe Lee could put her in that tree and she would have no problem executing.

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:33 am

Lets take into account these last two bucks were muzzy kills, a 3 year old with a bow on public is a world of difference.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:36 am

headgear wrote:Lets take into account these last two bucks were muzzy kills, a 3 year old with a bow on public is a world of difference.

Agreed. I was assuming same weapon.

That last buck is an absolute giant! Bucks of that caliber don't show up on even the most well managed farms every year. She (maybe Lee) put herself in a place to kill him.

hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:32 am

exojam wrote:I still find it interesting that if the average joe gets a big buck everyone has positive things to say, she gets one and a lot of folks dog her for it, I wonder why that is :think:

I don't "dog" her, but it's no big deal on the properties she hunts. Jealousy has nothing to do with it for me..I hunt open public land by choice and wouldn't hunt where she does for free.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 am

We always seem to get into Public vs private, vs well managed, vs hills, vs swamps, vs agriculture ground, vs big woods. yada yada yada. The biggest thing to understand they are not the same. Asked if Tiffany could kill a 3.5 year old in the swamp. No she could not, then again she doesn't have to. :think: She needs to kill big stuff to keep whatever gig they have, going. She is doing just that. I would say she is doing exactly what she needs to do. :think:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 am

No jealousy here. Just tired of seeing people worship these celebrities like they are god's gift to hunting. :roll:
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”