Yatzi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JROD157

Re: Yatzi

Unread postby JROD157 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 am

[quote="Kraftd"][quote="Bucky"]He shed last yr Dec 17th per trailcam pics.... Dec 12th this yr. Oldest confirmed buck I have hunted if he makes it through winter.

Have you been watching him 8 years?
Do you have pics?
That's flippin Awesome.

A buck that I had fall off three years ago just showed up this week. I figured he died. I don't know how they do it.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 am

JROD157 wrote:
Bucky wrote:He shed last yr Dec 17th per trailcam pics.... Dec 12th this yr. Oldest confirmed buck I have hunted if he makes it through winter.

Have you been watching him 8 years?
Do you have pics?
That's flippin Awesome.

A buck that I had fall off three years ago just showed up this week. I figured he died. I don't know how they do it.

Neighbor and I have 11 shed antlers off this buck and 6 years worth of Summer/Fall/Winter/Spring trailcam photos... I actively hunted him hard in 2011 and 2012 (last year he busted his rack early season). This year I shot him Opening weekend with a bow and hit him low in the front left leg and then I missed him with the muzzleloader at just over 200 yards. Lots of history with this buck... he was more visible this year than the last 3 years combined. If he grows a 130"+ rack next year he will be at the very top of my "wish" list! :lol:

Why is he not dead? He lives in over 400 acres of this.... no huntable trees, just marsh grass, willows, red brush, and cattails. I'm sure if we pushed him out we could kill em.... rifle I tend to not actively hunt him until this year. I would prefer that the neighbor or I bow shoot em or he just dies of old age

That is one of his confirmed beds... he went to it when I injured him and I found his right shed in it this past week
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Bucky,

What did the sheds score?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:41 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Bucky,

What did the sheds score?

With a 15" spread credit 136"s
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:47 pm

8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”