It's official, a new state record!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

It's official, a new state record!

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:57 am

I got this off their facebook page this morning....

Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club
24 mins ·

The Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club has officially panel-scored a new state record, typical whitetail buck that was taken on October 11, 2014 in Dodge County, Wisconsin by a bow hunter, Adam Hupf.

A full story will be available soon through the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club.

Green Bay, Wisconsin (December 13, 2014)
The Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club has officially panel-scored a new state record, typical whitetail buck that was taken on October 11, 2014 in Dodge County, Wisconsin by a bow hunter, Adam Hupf.

The Green Bay, Wisconsin Cabela’s store was the host to a panel of six measurers from the Wisconsin Buck and Bear Club who convened Saturday morning to officially panel-score, following a mandatory 60-day drying period. The measurers included:
Mark Miller - Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett
Stan Zirbel- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett
Marlin Laidlaw- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club
Earl Conradt- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young
Andy Sternagel- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club
Bucky Ihlenfeldt - Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett

Surpassing the former typical state-record archery buck taken in 2012 by Dusty Gerrits, which scored 189 7/8” net and 200 1/8” gross, the “Adam Hupf buck” has a total of 13 measurable points, a 18 4/8” inside spread, and 43 4/8” of circumference, and achieved an official typical score of 200 4/8” gross and 191 6/8” net scorable inches, and is now officially recognized as the current Wisconsin state record for typical bucks in the archery records.

The “Adam Hupf buck” taken in Dodge County Wisconsin is another example of why Wisconsin continues to be the number one spot in North America for trophy whitetails. Wisconsin currently ranks number one in Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young record entries.

It’s exciting not only for the hunter and the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, but also for the entire state of Wisconsin to continue to see the increased quality of deer taken...
The Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club has officially panel-scored a new state record, typical whitetail buck that was taken on October 11, 2014 in Dodge County, Wisconsin by a bow hunter, Adam Hupf. A full story will be available soon through the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club. Green Bay, Wisconsin (December 13, 2014) The Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club has officially panel-scored a new state record, typical whitetail buck that was taken on October 11, 2014 in Dodge County, Wisconsin by a bow hunter, Adam Hupf. The Green Bay, Wisconsin Cabela’s store was the host to a panel of six measurers from the Wisconsin Buck and Bear Club who convened Saturday morning to officially panel-score, following a mandatory 60-day drying period. The measurers included: Mark Miller - Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett Stan Zirbel- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett Marlin Laidlaw- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club Earl Conradt- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young Andy Sternagel- Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club Bucky Ihlenfeldt - Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope & Young, Boone & Crockett Surpassing the former typical state-record archery buck taken in 2012 by Dusty Gerrits, which scored 189 7/8” net and 200 1/8” gross, the “Adam Hupf buck” has a total of 13 measurable points, a 18 4/8” inside spread, and 43 4/8” of circumference, and achieved an official typical score of 200 4/8” gross and 191 6/8” net scorable inches, and is now officially recognized as the current Wisconsin state record for typical bucks in the archery records. The “Adam Hupf buck” taken in Dodge County Wisconsin is another example of why Wisconsin continues to be the number one spot in North America for trophy whitetails. Wisconsin currently ranks number one in Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young record entries. It’s exciting not only for the hunter and the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, but also for the entire state of Wisconsin to continue to see the increased quality of deer taken...

Jackson Marsh

Re: It's official, a new state record!

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:50 am

Congrats to Hupf, heck of a buck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:08 am

WOW :shock:
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:50 am

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 am

Thats one bad deer!
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:39 am

Awesome buck, but records are made to be broken ;-)

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
IF YOU EVER HAVE A DAY IN THE WOODS WHERE YOU DONT LEARN SOMETHING, THEN YOU DIDNT PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:51 am

Great to see a state record come from my home county. :dance:

That's 3 records to come from within a 20 mile radius in recent years. Guess I don't need to travel far for quality anymore!

Whatever happened to Buffalo County? Don't hear much about it anymore! :think:
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 am

Dewey wrote:Great to see a state record come from my home county. :dance:

That's 3 records to come from within a 20 mile radius in recent years. Guess I don't need to travel far for quality anymore!

They still shoot giants, it's just that everyone else has been catching up to them since hunters are letting them grow.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Dewey wrote:Great to see a state record come from my home county. :dance:

They still shoot giants, it's just that everyone else has been catching up to them since hunters are letting them grow.

I wouldn't doubt it that potential state records are shot every season, im sure some guys keep quiet about there kills

[ Post made via Android ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:15 am

That's a good point BH, I've seen some dandies that would push the 200" mark all day in the beds of trucks at registration stations on a few occasions and you never hear any more about them.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:47 am

Did Pope and Young, and Boone and Crockett accept the record......Or just the Buck and Bear Club?
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:17 am

Didn't the Buck and BEar Club accept the King buck as their state record????
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:18 am

Spysar wrote:Did Pope and Young, and Boone and Crockett accept the record......Or just the Buck and Bear Club?

it looks to me that it's just the buck and bear club for now, maybe that is the next step?
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 am

Spysar wrote:Didn't the Buck and BEar Club accept the King buck as their state record????

No, I believe that was the buck and bear club out east.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/artic ... rld-record
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Spysar wrote:Didn't the Buck and BEar Club accept the King buck as their state record????

No, I believe that was the buck and bear club out east.

We have the Northeast Big Buck Club. And they did accept it,but they use gross score for records, but the Hanson buck is still bigger net(NBBC records). What I mean to say, when they(NBBC) panel measured it, the King buck still did not net more than Milo's, and they counted the rack as a full typical, unlike B&C did.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”