Marsh gurus wanted

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wiscoz7

Marsh gurus wanted

Unread postby wiscoz7 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I went on a 3 hr scouting trip on a small hunk of marsh I've been eyeing up. The first thing I'll say is it is harder for me to "read" why these deer travel through marsh compared to hill country. I've hunted hill country my whole life and can figure out deer travel patterns pretty easily, this not so much!! I only scouted one side of the creek today, doing the other side next time. I found a spot on the end of a line of thicket that had about 10 rubs all in a 15 yard radius. I didn't see any beds there, but maybe he was bedding there earlier in the year. I also found a scrape line in a different area and about 75 yards away I found this...ImageImage
I'm wondering if this is a bed from earlier in the season or a scrape that's starting to close up?? It is backed up next to a thicket, but has a deer trail that runs up to it. No visible tracks in it, but the ground is froze up in it. I'm just kinda wondering if this looks like a bed to you guys that hunt marshes like this?
I can't wait to get this piece fully scouted out and plotted out with my gps waypoints that I'm putting in as I go. I really want to haul a buck out of here next year....never shot one in a marsh, and this place looks like it could produce!! I really need to order up that Marsh Bucks DVD..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”