Bonus buck Wi

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

adrenalin
500 Club

Bonus buck Wi

Unread postby adrenalin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 am

Anyone hear anything about bonus buck next year? I haven't wacked a doe yet because it wasn't determined yet. Would like to get one this year if it will be bonus buck next year. If not any thought on if they will?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dewey

Re: Bonus buck Wi

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:16 pm

adrenalin wrote:Anyone hear anything about bonus buck next year? I haven't wacked a doe yet because it wasn't determined yet. Would like to get one this year if it will be bonus buck next year. If not any thought on if they will?

Hope not. Even if they do I won't kill a doe in the main areas I hunt. Want to be part of the solution and not the problem. It's up to us as hunters to protect the herd if we feel it's down.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
JohnnieU

Unread postby JohnnieU » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:58 pm

County deer meetings are in December and the regs for next year will set in Feb.

I'll probably shoot a doe. I've started to see more deer this year and even if I can't use my buck sticker next year I can still eat it.
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Dewey wrote:
adrenalin wrote:Anyone hear anything about bonus buck next year? I haven't wacked a doe yet because it wasn't determined yet. Would like to get one this year if it will be bonus buck next year. If not any thought on if they will?

Hope not. Even if they do I won't kill a doe in the main areas I hunt. Want to be part of the solution and not the problem. It's up to us as hunters to protect the herd if we feel it's down.

Bingo Dewey

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Dewey wrote:

Great point. It doesn't hurt to leave some for the next guy.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:57 pm

JohnnieU wrote:[glow=red]County deer meetings are in December and the regs for next year will set in Feb.[/glow]

I'll probably shoot a doe. I've started to see more deer this year and even if I can't use my buck sticker next year I can still eat it.

Yep! If you want your voice heard, go to the meeting!

I honestly think bonus buck is going to stick around for a while. If anything is changed, I suspect bonus buck will be limited to private land or it will be managed on private vs. public level. Population management isn't an issue on the state's public land. It is on the private land.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:55 am

With CWD rates climbing... my guess is it cont.

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
christian1
500 Club

Unread postby christian1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:17 am

I think it will continue, however, the bonus buck I got this year says it expires January 2015. The archery shop said they are not going to carry over to next year.

chris
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:36 am

christian1 wrote:I think it will continue, however, the bonus buck I got this year says it expires January 2015. The archery shop said they are not going to carry over to next year.

chris

Interesting. I'll have to look at my sticker. The current regs suggest that this is to be decided when they finalize the 2015 regs.
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
JohnnieU wrote:[glow=red]County deer meetings are in December and the regs for next year will set in Feb.[/glow]

I honestly think bonus buck is going to stick around for a while. If anything is changed, I suspect bonus buck will be limited to private land or it will be managed on private vs. public level. Population management isn't an issue on the state's public land. It is on the private land.

The meetings don't mean squat, they are just a feel good, blow smoke up your a$$ move by the DNR.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Rutnstrut wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

The meetings don't mean squat, they are just a feel good, blow smoke up your a$$ move by the DNR.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. :think:

FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Rutnstrut wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

I got on the board for my county and that's what I'm afraid of. All we can do is recommend whether to increase decrease or maintain the herd level for the county. In the end the dnr doesn't have to listen to us. It would have been nice to be able to come up with more options that could be brought up at spring hearings. I'm just tired of everyone complaining about the season structure and the dnr not listening. IMO there is too much politics within the dnr. It would be nice if the people that are hunting and buying the licenses had a bigger say. Maybe the drop in deer license sales will make them think twice about the road they're headed down.

adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:18 am

Dewey wrote:

I agree with you Dewey, on the public I hunt I would not shoot one. I got lucky this year and gained access to some private land for the first time. I usually see 10 plus does every time I hunt there. I hunted over 25 times on the public this year so far and saw deer on 2 sits. Every sit on the private I have seen deer, its crazy, I feel like its cheating :lol: Their are deer everywhere and I still feel guilt about shooting a doe knowing the damage it has done to the rest of the state. I will probably just wait till next year and worry about it then.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 am

I went walking outside the first 5 days of gun season, I never seen a buck. Just does . Mather, WI then Randolph, WI

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”