Nice set of antlers Tiffany!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Nice set of antlers Tiffany!

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:13 am

headgear wrote:I'd say Stan is onto something, take some of the elite hunters out of their comfort zone and see how good they are. Heck I've hunted circles around Lee in MN and I was doing it on crappy bigwoods public way up north. Not that I couldn't learn a ton from him if I was managing land in Iowa but other than that I doubt any of his input gets me on pressured deer where us common folk hunt. The reason we are all here is because Dan gets it done on pressured public land, those tactics have a ton of value to myself and others around the country.

Great post. I think anyone that knows and understands hunting big bucks would have to agree. Make no mistake, they know land management, food plots and game cameras (read or heard they run 100 cams) better than most. You can't learn to sail a ship on dry ground. That salt is gained/earned out at sea.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:20 am

headgear wrote:
Zap wrote:Stan's bucking for a promotion?

:think:

Vice Moderator has a nice ring to it.

I was hoping you weren't suggesting "Madam Secretary". ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Longbow

Unread postby Longbow » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:15 am

This is a highly entertaining thread !

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am

Moderator of Vice and Envy?

:P

:lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
U.P. bownut
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. bownut » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:12 am

Vote Stan for "HMIC"

"Head Moderator In Charge"

Well it's close.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Freedom Isn't Free"
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:29 am

I'm sure Tiffany has inspired a lot of wives and girlfriends to take up hunting with their man. So from a hunter recruitment standpoint their show is important.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:35 am

If I had TV service I might watch it...but I do not so its out of the question.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Wlog wrote:I'm sure Tiffany has inspired a lot of wives and girlfriends to take up hunting with their man. So from a hunter recruitment standpoint their show is important.

X2

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Wlog wrote:I'm sure Tiffany has inspired a lot of wives and girlfriends to take up hunting. So from a hunter recruitment standpoint their show is important.

AND teenaged boyz... :mrgreen:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Wlog wrote:I'm sure Tiffany has inspired a lot of wives and girlfriends to take up hunting. So from a hunter recruitment standpoint their show is important.

AND teenaged boyz... :mrgreen:

And Middle aged boyz too ;)

ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:03 pm

They get big bucks alright. Not that I care. I don't think they would get deer if they hunted where most of us hunt. I am pretty sure they would go skunked. It is a whole different world where they hunt compared to where I hunt. In a time where points are the rage, I just don't see the big deal. That deer has 10-20 generetions of the very best food plot and food all winter, and summer with winter cover, beans , corn all winter. Summer they are on 25% protein clover with food sullpplied to them in the mean time. After 20 generation , of course it is going to have big antlers. I am much more impressed when someone comes to the registraion with a big old buck with busted up horns, thick bases and no doubt an old big woods buck, especially on public land. That is a trophy, right there. And when it tips the scales at 200 lbs , you know you got a big old buck that was the most remote and solitary animal a whitetail can be. Those are the toughest hunts. I am going to Price and Sawyer co. on a 3 day muzzloader hunt. It is a type of beast style hunt. I'm hunting trails coming out of huge swamps with marsh grass, tamracks and ash trees. One is a .75 m. walk . another is .9 In and one is 1 mi. walk . Mostly down logging roads though. I may walk in further though which means walking into Sawyer co on foot. Way Way, Way harder hunting.... Seeing one deer is rare. If I see a buck I will be elated. If I get a trophy bigwoods buck, ,,, I will burst out in tears with joy. Later, ihookem.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Why build a ship by hand yourself when you can afford to buy 10 luxury yachts? If I had the money I would buy 2 square miles and manage it just like them. But these fortunate landowners/hunters of premium land seem to have higher standards also with antler score so it helps even things out in a way I'm guessing. Which is harder? Shooting a 205" buck off of Tiffany's land ? Or killing a 4.5 + year old PUBLIC land buck before Oct 20th???

rutnbuck

Unread postby rutnbuck » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 pm

That's a great buck, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter who shoots the buck. Figure out how to do it yourself. It won't come easy I promise anyone that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

ihookem wrote:They get big bucks alright. Not that I care. I don't think they would get deer if they hunted where most of us hunt. I am pretty sure they would go skunked. It is a whole different world where they hunt compared to where I hunt. In a time where points are the rage, I just don't see the big deal. That deer has 10-20 generetions of the very best food plot and food all winter, and summer with winter cover, beans , corn all winter. Summer they are on 25% protein clover with food sullpplied to them in the mean time. After 20 generation , of course it is going to have big antlers. I am much more impressed when someone comes to the registraion with a big old buck with busted up horns, thick bases and no doubt an old big woods buck, especially on public land. That is a trophy, right there. And when it tips the scales at 200 lbs , you know you got a big old buck that was the most remote and solitary animal a whitetail can be. Those are the toughest hunts. I am going to Price and Sawyer co. on a 3 day muzzloader hunt. It is a type of beast style hunt. I'm hunting trails coming out of huge swamps with marsh grass, tamracks and ash trees. One is a .75 m. walk . another is .9 In and one is 1 mi. walk . Mostly down logging roads though. I may walk in further though which means walking into Sawyer co on foot. Way Way, Way harder hunting.... Seeing one deer is rare. If I see a buck I will be elated. If I get a trophy bigwoods buck, ,,, I will burst out in tears with joy. Later, ihookem.

:clap:

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
MN Slick

Unread postby MN Slick » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:39 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:Stanley, you obviously never heard the story on how Lee got his start, he earned it.....

On the subject of Lee and the stories I read about...

He struggled hunting for 9-years (if I recall correctly) in MN and busted his engineering but to buy land in the land of the giants.
He then busted his but growing his deer property to do the best to keep pressure off the land and selectively hunt his bucks.
He certainly does have a key edge on marketing and it's blond what a bonus!
I'm no expert after reading 1-article (w/ the content not being very interesting to me)...
I state this as not to spread rumors but to show the type of reading I have seen regarding their stardom...

As for Stan's comparison - I think it's fair to say that he (Dan) is not as pretty and also an elite hunter along w/ Andrea.

Lastly - Stanley's nick-name is "Stanley the brown nosed reindeer" - LOL
Must be my x-mas spirit doing this... :dance:

Ed, Lee was slaying giants in MN long before he moved to IA.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”