Mature buck core area indicators

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Re: Mature buck core area indicators

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:07 am

On the private land where I hunt; if there is a mature buck in the area there seems to be much more sign than if there are just the regular 2.5 year olds. Whenever there is a 3.5 or 4.5 in the area there seems to be many more rubs and especially many more large scrapes.

Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:53 am

Thermals wrote:You will find that all beds are bedding points/spots are not created equal, it may look great on a map but once you hit the groin you may find that only one of those points will have the right ingreadnts to have them bed there.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

:lol: no groin hits please jk

kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:24 pm

You need to be shown several examples of beds and it will either click for you or it won't. Type of terrain/cover makes a difference as well. If the area is void of good cover, I find beds based on where they should be for their advantage. If the cover is thin but spotty thick cover here and there, that's easy to find beds. If everything is thick, it can be tough. Elevation change, even if only a few feet can be a clue. Marsh or similar can be easy.

"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”