Am I in the game or no?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

johndeere506
500 Club

Am I in the game or no?

Unread postby johndeere506 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Ive been getting trail cam pics of a couple nice bucks this year, and put an 8pt down Nov 3rd. A NEW buck showed up daylight on Nov 10th, with a SE wind probably scent checking the doe bedding, thats my guess. I got a midnight photo of him last Friday 14th night, so he was around for at least 5 days. Is he a roamer that showed up and will leave? Since the rut seems over, (does back w fawns) do I even have a shot? I have 3 acres of brassicas close to the house, which will get night photos, and a seldom daylight shooter, not often though. Hes probably 140 maybe 150? 8 pt, but regardless of score clearly the biggest Ive targeted, shot a personal best 130 last year. No idea where he lives or beds. Hunt the does? Hunt the plots (loaded w does nightly), or stick to thick areas he could scent check?

johndeere506
500 Club

Re: Am I in the game or no?

Unread postby johndeere506 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Theres a smaller 8pt showing (110 ish) lately, but I have the problem you guys have and want to shoot the biggest...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Am I in the game or no?

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:03 pm

I like the thick.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”