Bucks tending does

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mibowhunter91

Bucks tending does

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:46 am

Tomorrow gun season opens in mi and this afternoon I was sneaking along a ridge top and spotted some movement. Turns out it was a giant buck for my area tending a doe he was running off 3 or 4 other bucks. He had her held up in a bottom thicket I ended up slipping in and got within 59 yards of him as she went back to bed. I'm for sure gonna hunt that area first thing tomorrow but I'm wondering do mature bucks prefer only a handful of spots to tend does or is it more of a where ever she goes type deal

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Bucks tending does

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I have never seen a buck tend a doe in the same spot year after year. I think some guys have said they have. I just never have. I always check every area and just never have.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Mibowhunter91

Re: Bucks tending does

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:03 am

Kool thanks I just wasn't sure if it was a spot I should remember this time of year or not thanks!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”