Do you use snow/tracks to your advantage?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

johndeere506
500 Club

Do you use snow/tracks to your advantage?

Unread postby johndeere506 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:14 am

Ill be hunting a large cedar thicket and swamp opening weekend, and we will finally have snow for the opener of gun season. How do you guys use large buck tracks to your advantage after a somewhat fresh snow? My ideas are to walk an arc over entry routes to a big bucks bed (100-150 yards out?), and see if he's gone towards the known bed. Also, the isolated islands I havent scouted yet, I can check entry routes to those now for large tracks. Im thinking large tracks inside the cedars on parallel trails are less useful in knowing where he could be? Ive been reading alot recently on hunting thick cedar woods and swamps, and it sounds like 10-2 is a worthwhile sitting or still hunting time. It going to take over an hour to get in there, maybe 2, so were staying all day. Just trying to be the most productive we can be, me and 1 buddy. I dont think either of us could sit one spot all day long...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”