What days should I hunt?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crankn101
500 Club

What days should I hunt?

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Basically I can head out tomorrow am and hunt until Tuesday eve or I can leave thursday and hunt through for the next 5 days or so.

What should I do?

PLB
500 Club

Re: What days should I hunt?

Unread postby PLB » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:21 pm

What state? WI has snow coming Monday which could shutdown movement that day..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

West Neb.

I think they will be getting some snow as well on monday and I have done good on days when its just starting to snow lightly.

I was there thursday and friday and after not seeing a deer in 2 days I decided to burn the property and scout it out real good then make a plan for this coming week, well after walking the entire property and covering miles I had a buck chase a doe right towards me about 1/4 mile from the truck. He was about a 150" 10 point that I may or may not have shot over his back...
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:50 pm

crankn101 wrote:West Neb.

I think they will be getting some snow as well on monday and I have done good on days when its just starting to snow lightly.

I was there thursday and friday and after not seeing a deer in 2 days I decided to burn the property and scout it out real good then make a plan for this coming week, well after walking the entire property and covering miles I had a buck chase a doe right towards me about 1/4 mile from the truck. He was about a 150" 10 point that I may or may not have shot over his back...

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I have all this hot fresh buck and deer sign but can't see a deer there. The neighbors are though... :think:

Obsession Bows
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:07 pm

I think I figure out why I wasnt seeing any does and only a little sign of them, I found a large standing corn field that cant be seen from the road. So after finding the corn I started to put the pieces together with the buck sign and location. Keep in mind this is the 1st time Ive been in this area...
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:09 pm

PLB wrote:
crankn101 wrote:West Neb.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I have all this hot fresh buck and deer sign but can't see a deer there. The neighbors are though... :think:

Or your neighbors are full of you know what.... :think:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Sign don't lie though. biggest rubs I have ever seen. Slob tracks in the Alfalfa field. Beds. Only got about 10 acres of woods and the rest is Alfalfa. Lots of corn up yet. Probably where the does are, hence the bucks too. I only have a week left to figure it out.

Obsession Bows

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”