Any tips?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

Any tips?

Unread postby admiral04 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Tomorrow they are calling for sse and east winds all morning until 2pm the at 3 the wind is going to completely switch to nw. Any tips on setting up for this wind change or just relocate when the wind changes? Do you think it will have any impact on amount of deer movement? Just curious...doesnt seem like we have a drastic wind change that often and I need to make the best of the time I have left to hunt.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Zap

Re: Any tips?

Unread postby Zap » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:39 pm

When conditions are not right its time to come up with another plan.
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
baddeerhunter

Re: Any tips?

Unread postby baddeerhunter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:26 pm

I had the exact scenario this morning. I did not hunt. I took this afternoon off to get some scouting in and hang a stand for tomorrow mornings sit. I checked my camera that was 10 yards from the stand I decided I could not hunt this morning and found two shooters, 20 min apart, at first light. I could have sat it for the first hour this morning before it went wrong and then backed out. Im kicking myself now because it would have been a slam dunk. If you can get in and get out, even for a short sit, it could pay off. I missed a great opportunity this morning. Good luck.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”