2014 rut reports

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: 2014 rut reports

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:59 am

Feels like lock down today. The intense daylight activity I had last week is nonexistent a week later. :think:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

365buckin

Unread postby 365buckin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Wind really sucked today. Was able to get a 3.5 yo 8 to 40 yards today. He was cruising through at 730am all by himself. Last night seen 3 different bucks chasing does out in the bean field on the neighboring landowners property. Ive been hunting a funnel that leads from one bedding area swamp to another swampy bedding area with fields on both sides of the treeline. I also have a trail camera in the tree line and am getting night and day photos of bucks.
Be in the woods as often as you can....and as long as you can!
superseal

Unread postby superseal » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am

Last week In my area of Northern Indiana it seemed slow with light doe movement and the occasional small buck cruising. Bigger bucks still caught on camera at predawn or after dusk.

The last 3 days I finally got a decent buck on camera in daylight and have seen multiple smallish bucks chasing hard. Scrapes seem to be getting hit hard as they are always fresh.
Jay

Unread postby Jay » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:18 am

Things are a little late here in KY. Gun season opener was yesterday. My son and I saw one small 8 pointer cruising. Pulled card from camera yesterday afternoon and had 3 diff bucks on cam searching and checking does all diff times of day, but none were over 3 years old.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:19 am

driving home from fishing Friday and Saturday night I saw deer running every place. I didn't want to go over 40mph in fear of hitting one. went by some public land that was stacked with cars of hunters on the way fishing and on the way home in the same area deer where running crazy. well over 15 deer seen in less than a mile :shock: including some nice bucks. also seen one monster cross the road coming out of the public, one of the bigger bucks ive ever seen. all in dodge co
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”