The frustration of a small farm hunter

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cbay
500 Club

Re: The frustration of a small farm hunter

Unread postby cbay » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 am

Bucky wrote:
hunter10 wrote:After reading the long post about the recent hunt where the hunter had all the ups and downs I thought if share my experience. This isn't to vent but more looking for insight and motivation to just enjoy hunting how it's meant to be. I've hunted for many years and it's my life but today it changed. My frustration with trespassers, waterfowl hunters and hunters on the land took it's toll on me. After 2 hrs in the woods I left this morning I wasn't happy, wasn't enjoying myself etc. I've never experienced this and I'm not really sure how to get back to just enjoying hunting. I find my understanding of whitetail behaviour is not progressing like id like. I know I'm not the only one who experiences these frustrations but how do you get back in the bush killing deer and enjoying yourself. I've put in countless hours and dollars to enjoy this activity and my luck year after year is never good. I've changed farms, locked up land etc and every year people sit my stands, trespass, hunt the fence etc and I've had enough. Makes me wonder if it's worth sitting in a stand for hours waiting when the chances of Somone trespassing through that bedding area your watching within the last day or so is pretty high for example. I need some motivation, like I said, I've never experienced this kind of frustration and I've hunted a lot of years for many different species

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Hunt something new.... don't let private access cripple you. Exploring and seeing new things is part of the enjoyment. Studying maps and access will make you a better hunter. Dump the crappy private!

Agree, And as PK mentioned, to get out there and do some still hunting. this time of year it can be very exciting if you go slow, enjoy and take it in.

Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
hunter_mike

Re: The frustration of a small farm hunter

Unread postby hunter_mike » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:27 am

I have felt similar before and sorry to hear it.

I would second what others have said. Grab your bow, pack a lunch/ small day pack, leave the stand behind, travel to a new piece of public ground and just walk it and enjoy yourself. You might see people, you might see deer, and you may just find a hotspot. New sights and the thought of all the possibilities are exciting.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”