Please Help

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RidgeReaper

Please Help

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 am

So I have a big buck I know is on a piece of private that I have permission to hunt. I've hunted the spot a few times and haven't yet seen him. Someone else hunts a few spots just about everyday so I know he is feeling the pressure by now. I want to know how I can set up on him to get him. Especially now since the rut is in. I really haven't scouted the spot much but I know the land pretty well. I been hunting them up high...should I switch to lower land?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

cdeam

Re: Please Help

Unread postby cdeam » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 am

Map out those spots the other guy hunts. Look at how that relates to the areas you know the buck uses for food and bedding, travel. Figure out what winds to hunt which beds from which directions. Kill buck. You're welcome.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:54 am

Haha thanks cdeam. I'll look at the area tonight. Like I said though I haven't had much scouting time for this property yet so I can only assume bedding areas. I'll try this tactic though for sure.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:33 am

Just keep moving... Don't hunt the same stand over and over, stay mobile and hit all the areas you have access to you think have not been hit yet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”