Halloween adventure

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

phishy
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/james.harbaugh.94

Halloween adventure

Unread postby phishy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:16 pm

Went into Oconto today, ...heavy winds....scouting was good today... evening sit not so much, but i learned some stuff about an area i am hunting.....dove into the edge of the bedding area, found a few old beds.... one had that buck appeal to it.....sat in it.... found the criss cross of trails, a bunch of old rubs and a few new ones in the same area... in an area i hoped they'd be....i got something falling into place here, plus got a better map in my head, the area is getting smaller in my minds eye.... didn't find that golden tree i am looking for, but i think i have another funnel on the horizon, funny how the landscape looks different elevated from a tree and you see where you should be.... turned off all the tracks on the GPS and went instinctive, glad i had the gps for the way out, i was no where near where i thought i was, i ended up much further in than i thought.... trying to keep it fun can be challenge when you cant feel your toes at sunset... :shifty:

its good to be hunting again....

btw i haven't seen a deer since i shot that doe couple weeks back....and i don't mind ....i'm seeing the landscape and learning where not to hunt (Green Bay public lands are tough!!!! so i got out of dodge for a while)

i found another hunter stand ..... ribbon every five feet, lead me right to a stand i found last winter.... actually that's a good thing, i know where he's going to be and how he's going in

bad thing about today, scrapes are cold, and no fresh poop, but i know to keep moving and i think i might be able to guess where i'll find both

Happiness is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it, so with that happiness is a choice one can consciously make, although often challenged by what happens to us, it is a choice nonetheless.
cbay
500 Club

Re: Halloween adventure

Unread postby cbay » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:29 pm

You touched on a couple things that happen to me the more scouting i do: The areas get smaller, and i learn where not to hunt. It's a lot of fun learning land. ;)
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
xpauliber
500 Club

Re: Halloween adventure

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:18 pm

cbay wrote:You touched on a couple things that happen to me the more scouting i do: The areas get smaller, and i learn where not to hunt. It's a lot of fun learning land. ;)

Agreed.

It sounds like you are figuring things out Phishy. Good luck!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”