help with strings

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

todd wylie
Facebook: toddwylie

help with strings

Unread postby todd wylie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:38 am

I got a Hoyt Magna Tec ZR200 2003. how do i find out the specs for the strings? And dose the string size affect the draw length? I took it to a pro shop why i purcessed it used to have my draw set, he said the lowest it would go was 29 and I'm a
28-28 1/2. I can still draw it bot have to fully extend and lock my arm, don't feel to good

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: help with strings

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:07 am

You will more than likely need to change out the cams or modules to attain the draw length. I would not recommend changing the string length form specs. I don't know what you have for cams on that bow.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
C&T Archery
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ctarchery?ref=hl

Re: help with strings

Unread postby C&T Archery » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 am

With Hoyas they have modules, but the spec cams will only be good for let's say 29" to 31 ". To go to 28" you could very well have to change both upper and lower cams, along with getting the correct modules.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.ctarchery.com
email: sales@ctarchery.com

[glow=red]Farmers Insurance -- Chad Ratzburg Agency
FOR A FREE LOOK AT YOUR AUTO, HOME, ATV, BOAT, LIFE OR BUSINESS INSURANCE NEEDS. PM ME OR EMAIL ME
Email: cratzburg@farmersagent.com
[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”