10 hours and 20 minutes

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

crankn101
500 Club

Re: 10 hours and 20 minutes

Unread postby crankn101 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:48 am

Very interesting.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 am

olivertractor wrote:
dan wrote:I have never heard it broken down like that, but it totally makes sense. We know for fact that the amount of time of daylight is what triggers rut. In captivity they make doe estrous scent by putting does in doors and running the lights for the exact time it takes to make them come into heat. Thats how they make scent prior to deer rut in the wild.

Is 10 hrs 20 minutes that time? Is it the same in every whitetail in captivity?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I am not an expert, but the way I understand it is that time varys from deer to deer, or region to region. When they play with the lights its not like every day its lights on for 12 hours then one day they change it to 10 hours 20 minutes and every doe goes into heat... They do it gradually and just speed up the process. I believe they can make the does go into heat many times a year by doing this. Its mi belief that some would go into heat at a shorter time, some a longer one, but 10 hours 20 minutes might be the peak.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:56 am

dan wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
dan wrote:I have never heard it broken down like that, but it totally makes sense. We know for fact that the amount of time of daylight is what triggers rut. In captivity they make doe estrous scent by putting does in doors and running the lights for the exact time it takes to make them come into heat. Thats how they make scent prior to deer rut in the wild.

Is 10 hrs 20 minutes that time? Is it the same in every whitetail in captivity?

I am not an expert, but the way I understand it is that time varys from deer to deer, or region to region. When they play with the lights its not like every day its lights on for 12 hours then one day they change it to 10 hours 20 minutes and every doe goes into heat... They do it gradually and just speed up the process. I believe they can make the does go into heat many times a year by doing this. Its mi belief that some would go into heat at a shorter time, some a longer one, but 10 hours 20 minutes might be the peak.

I asked him about it today and he told me it was the right amount of light hitting their eye gland and when it's 10 20mins that's peak timing for estrus. Therefore majority of bucks will be on their feet.

Bucky.....he never used the word mature, I think just bucks in general.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:14 am

Bucky wrote:My cameras tell me between Nov 8th and Nov 13th every year is when mature bucks move all day

Pretty close to my findings also. Basically all bucks not just mature bucks.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:21 am

BigHunt wrote:
ozzz wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
ozzz wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Bucky wrote:My cameras tell me between Nov 8th and Nov 13th every year is when mature bucks move all day

Moon movement?

Rut Movement

Obviously......im sure the moon has alot to do with it...look at dans moon chart this year...the 5 th,6th,7th,8th,ect....the cruising times are mid day on those days.....

Bucky said every year. The moon changes, days of the month do not.

Right but.its all with in the two week period....ive been logging moon movement for severl years now....im seeing a pattern

You talking bucks or werewolves? ;) :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”