4 Foot Scrape

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: 4 Foot Scrape

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 am

That inside corner is a KILLER spot for parallel trail hunting the rut.... one of my best spots looks exactly like your scenario

You want the wind blowing from the thicket towards the field.... wait until roughly 8AM so all the deer clear off that bean field... then slide into that corner with wind blowing down the edge or at an angle into the field... if the thicket is North of that corner a North wind or North West wind would be good.

That setup is one way you can see midday activity on a "field edge"

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
TN Whitetail Freak
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307728519407218/

Unread postby TN Whitetail Freak » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am

PLB wrote:If u find one hunt it NOW ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

That was the purpose of the thread initially is to get suggestions on the best way to hunt this kind of sign....

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 am

TN Whitetail Freak wrote:
PLB wrote:If u find one hunt it NOW ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

That was the purpose of the thread initially is to get suggestions on the best way to hunt this kind of sign....

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I personally don't think you will see a mature buck work that scrape in that local in daylight.... maybe but it would be low odds. I'd leave that spot alone until next week if you were in WI ( I don't know TN rut times) and hunt that from the inside corner when they start to cruz... I shot a 157"er out of a spot IDENTICAL to this
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”