so i have a buck that i cant kill, or find really...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Slick10

Re: so i have a buck that i cant kill, or find really...

Unread postby Slick10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Florida wrote:Good luck Slick. Stud for sure. This is why I love hunting public. If there aren't mature bucks around, you move. I'd improve your place as much as possible and try not to sweat it. He has survived this long for a reason and might not be huntable on your piece. Hunt the rut and take a doe if you want.

I'd find some more land to hunt so you can move arround a bit and hunt more often without worrying over-pressuring your property.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I have a few other spots, in other counties, that I hunt also. This place wasn't hunted more than 8 or 10 times last season and most of that was opening week going after that buck...who was already gone lol.

Slick10

Re: so i have a buck that i cant kill, or find really...

Unread postby Slick10 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:08 pm

I was able to catch up to this old guy on my lease the last week, about 20 miles from my other spot. He's a 6.5yo buck we had on cam for the last few years, I had drawn on him the week before and something spooked him before I released, I ended up getting him with a crossbow at about 18 yards.

he was a horse before the rut

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”