Rain update in hill country

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

James
500 Club

Rain update in hill country

Unread postby James » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:03 pm

For anyone like me headed to hill country in WI this weekend. Just spoke with the farmer on my hunting land. He said at noon the coulees were running with water and some that he hasn't seen run since he was a little kid were running. However most roads were still open and he thought hunting would be just fine. Good luck this weekend everyone, stick a slob!

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Rain update in hill country

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I live in west central WI. and we had 6" of ran as of 4:00 p.m. and it is still raining very hard here. I hope to get out to hunt Friday evening. The wind for Friday is gusty from the N / NW, but it is suppose to calm down a bunch by evening. This is a GREAT wind direction for my favorite buck stand. I have some high hopes of seeing a 9 point buck that I would like to get an arrow in. Good luck to you also!!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:30 pm

james,

right back at you, hope you do half as well as last year.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks for the update guys. It's 3:35 in the morning now. I am planning on leaving in a couple of hours. Couldn't sleep, because I was wondering if I should even go with all the rain and the gusty winds they are calling for. I was going to start a thread on this subject, and if I should scrap my plans. It's a 4 hour ride for me, so I was glad to see this posted. I think I will still go. Not wanting to hijack this thread I'll start a new one for suggestions for hunting in gusty winds.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”