tree saddle

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

n.sampey

tree saddle

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:01 am

Anyone here use a tree saddle, and if so what are some tips, techniques, or mods you can share with me...

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

IF YOU EVER HAVE A DAY IN THE WOODS WHERE YOU DONT LEARN SOMETHING, THEN YOU DIDNT PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION
Thermals
500 Club

Re: tree saddle

Unread postby Thermals » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

I use one a lot, there is a forum form a member here called saddlehunter.com please check it out. Most if you will need is there.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:57 am

Thermals thanks alot

IF YOU EVER HAVE A DAY IN THE WOODS WHERE YOU DONT LEARN SOMETHING, THEN YOU DIDNT PAY CLOSE ENOUGH ATTENTION
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 am

Feel free to ask me anything if you want.

Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:05 am

I use one as well. Like thermals said check out saddle hunter. Scott is the mod over there. Super nice guy. He's also a beast member he goes by Redsquirrel.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:03 am

I use one for probably about 1/3 of my sits. Any questions just ask goes for me too.
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 am

I love my tree saddle. I used to hunt out of it exclusively until my back started bothering me and I realized that I can sit still better in a LW. Still use the saddle at times though (long hikes, crooked / high trees, etc.).
"In the deed, the glory"
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 pm

I find that is more comfortable on my back than the lone wolf, but I use both

n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Guys thanks for all the offers to help when it arrives im sure I will be on here asking away

Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 pm

Did you buy a tree saddle or the new tribe harness

n.sampey

Unread postby n.sampey » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Trophyline large neoprene saddle

Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 am

That is the one I have, did anyone tell to buy the next smaller size as they run big. They say if it is big there uncomfortable.

Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:43 am

Thermals wrote:That is the one I have, did anyone tell to buy the next smaller size as they run big. They say if it is big there uncomfortable.

This is true. They do run big. I don't use mine very much because itis too big and therefore uncomfortable. I bought it large instead of medium (or even small prob would have been ok) because I assumed I would be using it in cold weather with lots of clothing on. In the end I prefer my tree suit and the Guido's web to that saddle.

The neoprene saddle is not that light, the tree suit is about the same weight and usually a lot cheaper if you can find one used. I am stillinterested in giving the saddle a shot, but I would like the mash saddle that weighs under 2 pounds. That would be a great little stand to carry with one stick to get up in trees if you feel liketaking a stand well ground hunting.

hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 am

I dont personally use the tree saddle but i have the Eberhart bowhunting books and DVD's and John lives by his saddle. doesnt go into a tonne of detail but its his more important piece of equiptment
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:46 am

I am borrowing a fellow beasts saddle on a try before buying basis and it has good and bad things about it. The good-lighter, and offers concealment since your behind the tree. The bad, I move way more. It is comfy but you just subconsciously fidget and move in it more than I like. I also find it hard to maneuver for all but a perfect shot , that probably gets better with practice. I also think it takes a little longer to set up by the time you strap on your platform and connect the tree strap. I move less in my LW and I think I have easier shots to the non dominant side, but it is heavier. I can't wait to use the saddle for gun hunting as getting shots off will be easier and I can rest the rifle against the tree for a rest. It is a tool like any other stand, I will be buying it but won't use it 100% of the time either. All my stands have their places and this is no different.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”