It's all gone!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

It's all gone!

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:50 am

What a stark contrast from last year. Last year all the crops were in the field through late November and from the reports I was getting around the country this really affected deer sightings.
Fast forward to this year, and there is not a standing field withing 3 miles of where I primarily hunt. I am hopeful for a more eventful season, but I do wonder how the drought conditions and food sources coming out so early will affect the deer herds through the hard winter months. So what's the story in your area's?

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
adrenalin
500 Club

Re: It's all gone!

Unread postby adrenalin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:27 am

Seems like everything is ahead of last year here also. Maybe the mild spring and hot summer will have the crops off early. I like it when the deer have to cover ground to eat, not just camp out in a field after dark.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:23 am

Corn is way ahead of schedule here in SC Wisconsin and they are already picking the soybeans around the area. There are a few fields that were planted a little later that still have leaves, but it won't be long and they will be picked too.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Chopping corn and it wont be long and the beans will coming off. Picking corn is not to far off, but can't come soon enough. This is all in west central WI.
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:10 pm

We chopped about 8 acres of corn last week......no beans this year and the combine should be taking the rest of the corn in late Oct.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”