Anybody hunting next friday morning ? Oct 1st

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Anybody hunting next friday morning ? Oct 1st

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:56 am

Just wondering if anyone else is going to try and bag their big buck next friday or saturday morning (Oct 1st and 2nd) ? The moon charts say it's a great morning or two for a buck to be coming back to his bed late... I am taking off work on Friday and also hunting saturday morning... The only problem is, I don't have any exact bed locations found for this year, but I have some good points where I think they could be bedded.... I'm going to see what happens, it's better than going to work if nothing else. ;)

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Anybody hunting next friday morning ? Oct 1st

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:01 am

Hope you can score!!! To be honest, I get up at 3:30 a.m. everyday of the week for work and really have a hard time hunting mornings when I can sleep in. Don't get me wrong, I will hunt some mornings. If I do hunt a morning, it will be a day like you mentioned above if the rest of the variables say it is a good morning to hunt my prime buck stands.
Stuart
500 Club

Unread postby Stuart » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 am

I will be out Oct 1st because that is opening day here in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Thinking about maybe a safe hunt in the morning at a natural funnel but for the evening hunt I am going deep in the thicket on a transition line with the LW Stand and Sticks on my back and find a tree to hunt right then and there! The first few days are always the best!

Good Luck to All,
Stuart
Cash 18

Unread postby Cash 18 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:30 am

I definitely am planning on going Friday and Saturday morning. I bought the moon chart and I want to see if it is going to work. Hope so
JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 am

I will be hunting that morning! If the spot isn't 3 foot under water!
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 am

Well I've already been out since the season opener here in WI was last weekend, but on October 1st, I'll be sitting in a stand in Illinois...my first ever out-of-state whitetail hunt.

I'll be hunting with Tall Tine Outfitters...on my free hunt that I won. I've been in touch with Joe Gizdic and he assures me that it's going to be alot of fun, and they've got some super bucks on trailcam photos already.

So I'm stoked...and a bit nervous at the same time. Either way, it's gonna be a blast, I'm sure.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:33 am

WiBowhuntress wrote:Well I've already been out since the season opener here in WI was last weekend, but on October 1st, I'll be sitting in a stand in Illinois...my first ever out-of-state whitetail hunt.

I'll be hunting with Tall Tine Outfitters...on my free hunt that I won. I've been in touch with Joe Gizdic and he assures me that it's going to be alot of fun, and they've got some super bucks on trailcam photos already.

So I'm stoked...and a bit nervous at the same time. Either way, it's gonna be a blast, I'm sure.

Good luck and have a great time!
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm

magicman54494 wrote:
WiBowhuntress wrote:Well I've already been out since the season opener here in WI was last weekend, but on October 1st, I'll be sitting in a stand in Illinois...my first ever out-of-state whitetail hunt.

X2!!
I hope you nail a BIG ol slob!!

Good luck and have a great time!
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Good luck Sherry!!!!!

I am going to try and get out both mornings, I will just be coming back into the state thurs. night, so hopefully no jet lag and I will get my outta bed Friday morning. :mrgreen:
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

I will be starting my season off on Saturday the 2nd. I will be hunting in the afternoon as I am watching my nephews play football in the morning and kids player soccer around noon. Should make for a long day but I love my kids, nephews and hunting so it will be a glorious day!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Good luck all on your morning hunts on Oct 1 and 2.

I have to run down to Northern Indiana for my contracting - That is our opener here in MI.

Lungbuster - You should be fine with Jet lag if you are coming in from the west. It hurts worse going the other way.

Sherry - Good luck down there in IL.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I plan on being out there both days and I can not hardly stand it...Every year doing things beast style makes it harder to wait because each year I am more prepared then the previous. Good luck everyone. Now if it will cool down a little...was 96 today..and a little rain would be nice also.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm

I have to wait til the 2nd!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:16 pm

I plan on being out Friday and Saturday on S. Indiana public. Rabbit season opens on public also on the 1st. Usually guys are out running dogs in the fields the first few days, jumpin lots of deer out of their beds. It's fun to hunt the funnels leaving the fields to see what comes out. Hopefully bag a doe or two. Our turkey season also opens so I will probabaly try for my fall turkey. As for Bucks, I know of a couple beds I may try and get on in the evenings.
hotterthantiffany

Unread postby hotterthantiffany » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 am

I will finally get in to a stand on Oct.1st,2nd , and 3rd. Waiting for my vacation day to be approved by the boss and heading to the northwoods ( Jump River, WI)Friday am. Good Luck all!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”