Double drop tine Wisconsin public buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckbuster28
Facebook: Alex Slosser

Double drop tine Wisconsin public buck

Unread postby Buckbuster28 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Anyone have any further info on this buck I seen it on Facebook last week and it said it had been shot in northern Wisconsin on public land

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Double drop tine Wisconsin public buck

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Wow. Slob. Biggest thing I've seen hit the dirt in the northern half of the state this year.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I've been told Douglas Co.
Beartown18
500 Club

Unread postby Beartown18 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:16 am

awesome deer
Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 am

Wow - would like a symmetrical SLOB like that in my trophy room.
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:13 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Wow. Slob. Biggest thing I've seen hit the dirt in the northern half of the state this year.

I know of a good number of big bucks killed in the northern half of the state. Guys are keeping their mouths shut and not floating pics around the internet.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:27 am

Dewey wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Wow. Slob. Biggest thing I've seen hit the dirt in the northern half of the state this year.

I know of a good number of big bucks killed in the northern half of the state. Guys are keeping their mouths shut and not floating pics around the internet.

Interesting. This is the first booner I've seen come out of the northwoods this year. When I'm talking about BIG bucks in this context, I'm not referring to the 170+.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Interesting. This is the first booner I've seen come out of the northwoods this year. When I'm talking about BIG bucks in this context, I'm not referring to the 170+.

Big, 160" plus are rare breeds in the Northwoods of WI away from any agriculture. I would be curious to see of any 160" plus deer shot in the Northwoods away from ag fields.

The buck my old man shot last week is not a monster by any means but made quite a stir in his local area. The mass is what is impressive.

The registration station said one of their biggest bucks ever registered. He was contacted twice by the local dnr office to do aging......he wasn't going to drive it in and they wouldn't stop at his place for whatever reason. He said he may send in the teeth for aging after the taxidermist is through with it.

He is happy he shot it but said the attention is annoying. His deer wouldn't be big news if shot in the central or southern part of the state. I was kind of surprised by the attention he was/is receiving.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:17 am

^ I agree Hodag. They are a rare breed, but at one time they were a bit more common, especially in the NW part of the state. Wolves, aggressive management, and winters have taken their toll.

Also, the mass is very impressive on your dad's buck. Great trophy!
Last edited by BassBoysLLP on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:18 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Big, 160" plus are rare breeds in the Northwoods of WI away from any agriculture. I would be curious to see of any 160" plus deer shot in the Northwoods away from ag fields.

The buck my old man shot last week is not a monster by any means but made quite a stir in his local area. The mass is what is impressive.

The registration station said one of their biggest bucks ever registered. He was contacted twice by the local dnr office to do aging......he wasn't going to drive it in and they wouldn't stop at his place for whatever reason. He said he may send in the teeth for aging after the taxidermist is through with it.

He is happy he shot it but said the attention is annoying. His deer wouldn't be big news if shot in the central or southern part of the state. I was kind of surprised by the attention he was/is receiving.

Wow! That pic is even more impressive than the other you posted. Love the mass! 8-)
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:18 am

Dewey wrote:
Hodag Hunter wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Wow! That pic is even more impressive than the other you posted. Love the mass! 8-)

X2, I didn't notice that either, nice!
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:22 am

Buckbuster28 wrote:Image

Anyone have any further info on this buck I seen it on Facebook last week and it said it had been shot in northern Wisconsin on public land

I heard this buck came from somewhere near Barnes, WI about 3 weeks ago. That there sand country, scrub jack and square miles grew this one!
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:25 am

Great buck for sure.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:40 am

olivertractor wrote:

I heard this buck came from somewhere near Barnes, WI about 3 weeks ago. That there sand country, scrub jack and square miles grew this one!

Been some great bucks killed up around the Hayward area.

olivertractor

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 am

Dewey wrote:
olivertractor wrote:

Been some great bucks killed up around the Hayward area.

For sure, pulls some sleepers out every now and then! I don't know this bucks story, but I'd be surprised if he didn't have a nice little bedroom! :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”