Double drop tine Wisconsin public buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Double drop tine Wisconsin public buck

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:55 am

olivertractor wrote:
Buckbuster28 wrote:Image

Anyone have any further info on this buck I seen it on Facebook last week and it said it had been shot in northern Wisconsin on public land

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I heard this buck came from somewhere near Barnes, WI about 3 weeks ago. That there sand country, scrub jack and [glow=red]square miles grew this one![/glow]

That is key indeed.

I envy the guys that get on bucks like this on a repeated basis up there. It is definitely a much more daunting task than finding one down south.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:10 am

No doubt it's a totally different world up there especially north of Hwy 8. Heading into the UP is even tougher. Those who never hunted up there could never relate.

I hunted hard for about 20 years up there and had an encounter with a 150"+ buck on average once every 3 years. The last 5 years I have been focusing more on southern WI and average at least two bucks of that size every season.

With that being said I still enjoy the challenge of hunting the northwoods. If I ever connect with one of those bigwoods slobs the satisfaction will be overwhelming. 8-)

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:35 am

Dewey wrote:No doubt it's a totally different world up there especially north of Hwy 8. Heading into the UP is even tougher. Those who never hunted up there could never relate.

I hunted hard for about 20 years up there and had an encounter with a 150"+ buck on average once every 3 years. The last 5 years I have been focusing more on southern WI and average at least two bucks of that size every season.

With that being said I still enjoy the challenge of hunting the northwoods. If I ever connect with one of those bigwoods slobs the satisfaction will be overwhelming. 8-)

There's no doubt it's mind $$%^^$% up here! I've been scouting more than hunting just to try and speed up the process, those ole four fingers are few and far between!
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm

I loved hunting in Douglas/Bayfield County got alot family in the area. Have Missed it gun hunting last few years. Bucks like this dont suprise me for that area I hear and see pictures all the time from my family. their might be less deer but the same amount of slobs get shot pretty consistently they have that knack for survival that keeps them alive long enough and it keeps you trying .
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow! Slob indeed!

ihookem
500 Club

Unread postby ihookem » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 am

I don't think I even seen one that big in Price / Sawyer co in all the yrs I hunted there. I don't even have one on the trail cams that big, ever. Seems like a little known truth, big bucks up north are rare. Down in Washington co, I get some real bruisers on the cam.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”