Mobile guys - Post a pic of how you pack your setup in

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RidgeReaper

Re: Mobile guys - Post a pic of how you pack your setup in

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:09 am

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RidgeReaper

Unread postby RidgeReaper » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:10 am

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:08 am

Most of the BEAST veterans have seen these before, but I will post them for the new guys:

[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Y12DRIy9M[/bbvideo]

[bbvideo=425,350]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e22bV2q3YOE[/bbvideo]
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 am

tysonhunter wrote:I purchased a Wright leather works owb specifically to wear while hunting with harness on and it is most comfortable carry option I've ever had. Can't say enough about their product it's awesome.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Those are nice. Which one are you using and what harness do you use?
Let's go Brandon!
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:16 pm

A couple of observations...

First I've started stacking my sticks right side up as they sit on the stand while its on your back instead of upside down as I see a lot of guys do. Reason is by stacking them right side up (as they would be set up on the tree) allows the stack to stack in a stair step way downward instead of upward. This makes the sticks sit shorter on your back and less likely to catch on branches and whatnot that you might be moving through or ducking under.

Secondly, I'm seeing a lot of you guys that have recently posted to this thread i in the last year or so use that stick bracket that holds the 4 sticks flat against the stand. How do you guys like these? I've definitely thought of getting one just to make my profile smaller when moving through the woods.
sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:48 pm

wmihunter wrote:Does the load feel lighter and easier on your back with the sticks parallel to the stand (layed flat) vs perpindicular?

Very much so, also Iv made 3 loop steps that I keep in a stuff sack on stand, that way I only carry 3 sticks but can get tge height most get with 4 or more sricks minus the weight.

cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:04 am

Glad HM linked this thread in another post because my setup has sure evolved in the past couple of years. LW sticks are now 24" with only 2 steps, the Assault now sports an XOP seat frame, everything has been wrapped or stealth stripped, & the packing system is now basically a molle waist belt vs bulky shoulder straps.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:38 am

My entire set up fits into a very small day pack or fanny pack and I either carry three 21 inch sticks or attach to the pack. My total set up, including the three sticks, weighs less then a current LW Assault stand. If I wear my saddle I just have 3 sticks and my bow to carry
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:22 am

I purchased the stick talons last week, just waiting for them to come in, I am seriously debating the molle gear. Used it a lot in the military so I know how comfortable it is during long stretches, just trying to talk myself into it!
-Rick
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 am

vermonthunter16 wrote:I purchased the stick talons last week, just waiting for them to come in, I am seriously debating the molle gear. Used it a lot in the military so I know how comfortable it is during long stretches, just trying to talk myself into it!

You really just need the molle waist belt & they're cheap. Makes all the difference in the world. I run non padded 1" wide shoulder straps now as the belt holds all the weight.
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:30 am

Thats a good point. I am just not a fan of the staps that come provided with the lone wolfs, stand digs into my back and the straps leave my shoulders torn up. I may buy the whole set, they are cheap enough, and do some experimenting.
-Rick
Jeff25

Unread postby Jeff25 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:47 pm

I now stack my sticks vertical and my pack is on one side, and I put the pack under the cable so I can hang the stand with it still bungeed to the platform. I also added molle straps and a third hand bow holder

Longhaul

Unread postby Longhaul » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:50 am

i don't have a pic for you-

i carry LW Assault w / 4 LW sticks. i have never carried backpack style and have never seen anyone else carry like the way i do it.

i have ONE web strap attached to one side of the stand. Sticks go on edge of stand with a small long web strap w/ snap clip ( similar to bungee style ).

Then this gets carried shoulder bag style with strap over my head on opposite shoulder with stand on my right side.

i carry a small shoulder bag on the other side with the usual must have stuff. The strap on the shoulder bag is adjusted to a length that i usually just carry my bow laying right on top of it, tucked under my left arm.

Harness on, Bino's on. Carry jacket / coat on stand, strapped or not.

Where i can i use Treehopper bit / bolts for steps. Drill and steps in bag. Drop sticks out of carry when i don't need them obviously.

i'm one trip up tree and one down with steps. Still make two trips up w / sticks. Rope for bow / jacket goes up w / me, stuff attached.
Longhaul

Unread postby Longhaul » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 am

LOVE! RidgeReapers bicycle tube covers for LW cam buckles. i will be doing that for sure.

A pic of how i carry would explain it better than i did. The LW sticks lay on top of the edge of the stand, one bracket laying on seat, the other end bracket on the narrow base of stand. It's all pretty flat. You can carry either end out front, either side of your body. It all steers through stuff really nice and the weight is balanced if you try it.

When i go up the tree, having the stand on one side, one strap, makes it easy to transition to hanging it.

Just a different way of doing it and it works for me. i usually end up about 30-50 sets a year, sometimes up the same tree, often not.
Jrichard
Facebook: Rhode Island

Unread postby Jrichard » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:39 am

People seem to love those Lone Wolf hand climbers. What is so attractive about them? Been looking for a new lightweight climber.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”