Pheasant opener and bowhunting strategies

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Justin85

Re: Pheasant opener and bowhunting strategies

Unread postby Justin85 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:55 am

Ah, I work off Fernbrook too lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nater

Unread postby nater » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

MN_DeerHunter wrote:Any luck nater? I was only able to get out on Saturday afternoon/ evening and didnt see squat. I was set up in some woods next to some CRP fields.

Ended up getting out Sunday morning instead of Saturday. I sat in the thin strip of trees on the fringe of a wetland in between the water and about 40 acres of warm season prairie grasses. Pheasants were cackling as soon as the sun came up and I regretted leaving my shotgun at home. At 8:30 I had a small 6 pt sneak in from the east. He walked through my shooting lane at 24 yards but I decided it was too early in the season to shoot a deer like that. This is my first year hunting public so I won't be too picky, but if I use my archery tag now I'm basically done for the year.

I stayed in the tree until 10 hoping someone would show up and work the prairie grass. Instead it seemed like people would drive by, see my car, and move on. It's one time I wish they hadn't been so courteous. Lots of duck hunters on the lake to the southwest of me but none on the lake where I was sitting. Pheasant pressure seemed light on the WMAs I drove by on the way home, too.

MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:13 am

Great encounter!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”