Swamp Foot

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hunter_mike

Re: Swamp Foot

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:29 am

Dewey wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:Im looking into some hip boots for the cold weather. In the past i have avoided hunting tougher spots in the marsh during cold weather which is probably not a good thing for deer sightings .

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Yep turned back too many times with wet cold feet! I got pair of hips and pack in extra pair of boots

I like hip boots with neoprene uppers. Much more comfortable and quieter than full rubber hip boots. I wear mine on stand in colder weather and the neoprene uppers are a great place to slide your hands in for warmth while on stand.

nice i am still deciding which ones to get, the neoprene ones look like they will last longer than my cheap noisy pvc/nylon chest waders. I always was told by my friend who is an avid duck hunter that hip boots are a waste because you can get chest waders for about the same price, but now after hunting the marsh for a few seasons i am seeing where hip boots fit in. walking all day in chest waders would be very uncomfortable. if i need to cross something real deep i will make the proper preparations and pack in the chest waders.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Dewey

Re: Swamp Foot

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:32 am

hunter_mike wrote:
Dewey wrote:
olivertractor wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:Im looking into some hip boots for the cold weather. In the past i have avoided hunting tougher spots in the marsh during cold weather which is probably not a good thing for deer sightings .

Yep turned back too many times with wet cold feet! I got pair of hips and pack in extra pair of boots

I like hip boots with neoprene uppers. Much more comfortable and quieter than full rubber hip boots. I wear mine on stand in colder weather and the neoprene uppers are a great place to slide your hands in for warmth while on stand.

nice i am still deciding which ones to get, the neoprene ones look like they will last longer than my cheap noisy pvc/nylon chest waders. I always was told by my friend who is an avid duck hunter that hip boots are a waste because you can get chest waders for about the same price, but now after hunting the marsh for a few seasons i am seeing where hip boots fit in. walking all day in chest waders would be very uncomfortable. if i need to cross something real deep i will make the proper preparations and pack in the chest waders.

I have a pair of chest waders but honestly have never worn them. Pretty much have them in case I need to retrieve a deer out of deep water. Sure wouldn't want to walk far in chest waders.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”