in season scouting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

attackone

in season scouting

Unread postby attackone » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:25 am

How do you guys do your in season scouting. Do you worry about spooking deer and stinking the place up

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Chuck-C24
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrCunico

Re: in season scouting

Unread postby Chuck-C24 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Online mainly. If you ARE going to go into the location and stink the place up...you might as well have a stand on your back so you can set up if the situation/sign calls for it.

For me, I've gone in blind several times this year already...so I'm essentially "scouting." But what I don't do is go further than I should. ie. if a spot feels promising...don't push it just to "see" what is up ahead. Hunt it and learn something from the experience.
[wave=blue]Dr. Charles C. DC[/wave]
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Scout each day you hunt... Hunt the spot you find that day. Don't go to the actual beds....

The second option would be to scout every inch of the property and then wait for it to calm back down...

I like the 1st option but it requires being able to guess bedding areas accurately.
attackone

Unread postby attackone » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:01 am

My one concern is my main property that i hunt the features are pretty tight and i would be worried about jumping them out of their bed, but i also can only hunt on saturdays anyway so they would have a few days to settle down. Plus its mainly farm country so they are somewhat use to people in the woods. But i guess if i want to behead of the ball game it might be worth it to take the chance and then be prepared better for next year

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”