This will be fun....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Kraftd
500 Club

Re: This will be fun....

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Not much to add as I am far from a big buck master, but enjoying this thread.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

gatorbait42

Unread postby gatorbait42 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Overgrown fields, CRP surrounded by wood lots and Corn Soy bean fields

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Surrounded by large acreage land owners, not a bunch of chopped up 40's. Marsh ground for early season bed hunts (as described by Dan). Hills as described by Bucky for rut. :lol:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Agree with you here. Low definitely hunts easier early.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Hill Country with plenty of saddles, hubs like Bucky mentioned, ponds up high, plenty of agriculture with inside corners all over. Also having streams going through. Genetics of top end Trempleau county bucks. (Bias) Food plots with heavy cover and woods surrounding.
Also a sports bar in the center of the property and a large log cabin. :mrgreen:
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:34 pm

BigHills BuckHunter wrote:Hill Country with plenty of saddles, hubs like Bucky mentioned, ponds up high, plenty of agriculture with inside corners all over. Also having streams going through. Genetics of top end Trempleau county bucks. (Bias) Food plots with heavy cover and woods surrounding.
Also a sports bar in the center of the property and a large log cabin. :mrgreen:

I think you described your area. :geek:
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
BigHills BuckHunter wrote:Hill Country with plenty of saddles, hubs like Bucky mentioned, ponds up high, plenty of agriculture with inside corners all over. Also having streams going through. Genetics of top end Trempleau county bucks. (Bias) Food plots with heavy cover and woods surrounding.

It's not that good. :lol:
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:52 pm

BigHills BuckHunter wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

It's not that good. :lol:

It's better than most. Downright entertaining to put a veteran hardcore northwoods big buck hunter in this county. He wants to move!
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:09 pm

1600 acres with mostly agriculture next to the Charlestown Indian state park and no other hunters except those I invite.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:48 pm

I like trees so I would have to have timber. A huge timber with white oaks, as the primary tree. I would want some osage orange trees, walnuts, hickory's, hack berry, red oak a couple honey locust. I would like some cedar tree savannas on the outer edges. I would want the under story to be so thick you can't walk through it. Some nice 1 acre ponds would be good. I would want crops (corn soybeans) on the east side of the timber. I would also want great access from the East. Give me a hunting property like this and I would be in seventh heaven. I think I could knock down a good buck out of there also.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Bow only areas, I don't care what they look like sign me up.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Stanley wrote:I like trees so I would have to have timber. A huge timber with white oaks, as the primary tree. I would want some osage orange trees, walnuts, hickory's, hack berry, red oak a couple honey locust. I would like some cedar tree savannas on the outer edges. I would want the under story to be so thick you can't walk through it. Some nice 1 acre ponds would be good. I would want crops (corn soybeans) on the east side of the timber. I would also want great access from the East. Give me a hunting property like this and I would be in seventh heaven. I think I could knock down a good buck out of there also.

I like the sound of this property!

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Bucky wrote:The point of this thread... is to hear/see what consistent big buck killers look for

See if anyone bites :shifty:

I'd be really, really informative if you did a mature Doe thread:)

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Bucky wrote:The point of this thread... is to hear/see what consistent big buck killers look for

See if anyone bites :shifty:

I'd be really, really informative if you did a mature Doe thread:)

I would like to hear about everyone's ideal hunting parcel :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Own the middle square of 9-square block. Having the neighborhood be non-hunting!
Mine being the hillyest w/Lots of white oak, chestnuts, apples and a few 1/4 acre ponds with a few saddle swamps.
Plus 30 deer/square mile...

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 pm

A big CRP field with very small mounds for buck bedding. Big timber separating the crop fields on the back side. Over grown fields and CRP have been my bread and butter over the years.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”