the hits keep coming for 2014

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tim
500 Club

the hits keep coming for 2014

Unread postby tim » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:14 am

:? well so far i lost my hunting place i stay at now i find out my land is getting the logging finished after 3 years . hes finally making time to get it done. it does need to be finished but what perfect timing :roll: .......i dont want to leave on a negative so at least my 10 apple trees i planted about this time last year have all came through fine 8-) hopefully things turn around somehow im coming off of 2 years of unfilled tags and was hoping this would be my year but.........

Beartown18
500 Club

Re: the hits keep coming for 2014

Unread postby Beartown18 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:46 am

You never know, my best year came when my place was logged the weekend before season opened. It was like the deer didn't know what to do that year.
whitetail_addict

Unread postby whitetail_addict » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:47 am

Pick yourself up and keep on givin' 'er, man. It's only September so there's a lot of season left. Do you have any public ground around you that you could check out?

It seems like every year I have at least one spot that I have high hopes for gets messed up in one way or another. Other hunters, dogs, wet springs with no crops planted, landowners driving four-wheeler next to bedding areas, etc., etc. That's part of why it's so important to have many different spots and avoid relying on only one for an entire season.

I hope your luck turns around soon.
Mike

Unread postby Mike » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 am

We had logging done one fall and really good hunting after, so it might be better than u think. I remember it was super quiet getting in and out cuz they dragged all the leaves off the trail hauling logs.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 am

Beartown18 wrote:You never know, my best year came when my place was logged the weekend before season opened. It was like the deer didn't know what to do that year.

Turned out to be a great year for my hunting party too. Should be fine.
Terry
500 Club

Unread postby Terry » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:40 am

You gotta just keep on keeping on
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:28 am

Ever heard the phrase "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" Well, good things can come from change... You just need to keep a positive outlook. Some of my best years were when I was forced to make a change.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”