String of suspected beds-?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HoosierG5
500 Club

String of suspected beds-?

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 pm

I believe the south end of one of my properties is going to be holding a lot of beds. It is the only place last spring that I was successful in finding any beds. This is very steep property with lots of terrain features making it very difficult to sneak in and out. On a property like this, would I be better to start at one end and work my way towards the other end throughout the season? Or, would I be better to sneak in and split it in half? I am thinking the more that I am in the middle the more I am going to ruin either side of that area if it is being used for bedding. Thoughts?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Redman232

Re: String of suspected beds-?

Unread postby Redman232 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:44 am

I have a similar situation, I hunt my way in, and cross one off at a time, unless you've got a visual or sign somewhere telling you exactly which bed a buck is coming out of.
headgear
500 Club

Re: String of suspected beds-?

Unread postby headgear » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:23 am

I'd probably start at one end and work my way over. Any chance you can post cameras a reasonable distance away from bedding but still determine which bed a buck would be coming from? That might help narrow things down a bit. The more you hunt these beds the better you will get a feel for which ones the bucks prefer and when so you have that going for you too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”