(DONE) Contest post for pics/stories / Closed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Contest post for pics/stories--Please read- new info

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:07 am

Sausageman:
hotterthantiffany » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm
Since Sausageman is busy ice fishing everyday, he asked I post his uneventful story of this buck. Sman hunts in a cwd zone, and his best friend is a landowner and has those tags. His friend called him in the afternoon and said" grab your bow and head over to the farm....meet me by the junkyard". The buck, spotted by the landowner, had entered the junkyard and didn't come out. Sman with bow in hand waited for the small push the land owner made. The buck was laying down about 25 yards away from Sman, it got up, he shot it!

huntinnurse
500 Club

Re: Contest post for pics/stories--Please read- new info

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 am

For wiscbowhntr:

wiscbowhntr wrote:HuntingNurse,

Here is the pic and story... had it in another thread.
I just finished up my first block of vacation for the rut and I am glad I kept at it. I hunted public land in SE Wisconsin the whole time and I saw only 4 deer (all bucks) in five full days of hunting. The 1st day I saw a busted up 8 pt / 2.5 yr old. Nothing the next two days and on the evening of the fourth I rattled in a 2.5 yr old 7pt and 11pt, but the 11 pt I already passed on opening weekend of bow so I did again... it was a lot harder to pass him the second time. The 5th day in the evening I was lucky enough to be in the right spot at the right time. I was able to take this 5 x 3 at 10 yards after he responded to my can call from about 70 yards out. I was super pumped to get this buck, my goal this season was to get a 3.5 or older and a bigger racked buck than my last, I believe this buck filled both requirements. Also his leg was broken really bad just above the hoof on his rear right leg, I think that might be why he wasn't rutted up like most bucks are right now. Even looked like he might of lost some weight, I know plenty of deer survive with three legs, but it appeared it was getting to him. Good luck to all and hunt safe.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”