Beds and setups

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JohnnieU

Beds and setups

Unread postby JohnnieU » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:05 am

The map is a farm I am hunting this fall. I didn't have access in spring and had a limited scouting trip this summer so many of the setups will be based on the map and structure instead of known beds...its the only option I have for this fall . The property is very thick and with all the foliage I didn't find too many beds this summer, the one exception is the large north facing point, there was a lot of doe bedding all over the point. I have marked where I think the buck beds should be with blue dots and my potential stand locations in orange.

What do you guys think of the beds and set-up locations? I'm still not sure how to set-up on bucks dropping down to the field in the valley in the evening, so I am mostly concentrating on setting up where the points meet the main ridge. I am planning on hunting each bed/setup with leeward wind by setting up off-wind on the point and realize the east wind setups will not see too much action, but need to have a plan should I have an east wind. The ridge is narrow, side-hills steep and crops in the bottom.

Thanks for any ideas!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Beds and setups

Unread postby dan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 am

Your initial plan looks good to me... Try and get as close as possible. Some of the set ups seem a bit back to far, but from my chair I can't see how thick it actually is.
JohnnieU

Re: Beds and setups

Unread postby JohnnieU » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks Dan. It actually is pretty thick so I will try to push closer, this is still new to me and I need to build some confidence.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”