Any South Dakota guys?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Redman232

Any South Dakota guys?

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:08 am

My wife asked me to travel to South Dakota with her on a business trip. I'm looking for deer or maybe pheasant hunting options in SE S. Dakota. We would be staying in Sioux Falls or Canton S.D. From what I see on the states public land mapping service, it looks like options are pretty limited. Any and all information is welcomed.

kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Any South Dakota guys?

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:12 am

8-) I was so close to going out there this year, partner had to back out. Looking forward to some info as well.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:37 am

I guess given the location we would be in, SW Minnesota and NW Iowa would be in play too.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:08 am

Iowa is a draw state, not over the counter so that's out. Nebraska is over the counter, and right there. Also worth telling you, SD is not over the counter. Well yes and no. You can get a non resident archery tag, but you have to apply online and they will mail it to you within a few days. There isn't a limit on archery tags, so when you apply your guaranteed a tag. Would be a bummer for you to get out there and post on here you couldn't get a tag.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”