Which week in November?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Which week would you hunt if conditions were the same?

November 4th to 9th
70%
November 11th to 16th
30%

Total votes: 53
ozzz

Re: Which week in November?

Unread postby ozzz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 am

I am lucky to be taking the first 14 of Nov this year but will have alot of daddy duty in there too.

Hard choice for you. Best bet if you could would be to see if you can get on a cold front.

If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 am

I'm still pretty torn. I know it is really dependent on the weather and I also have a wedding the evening of November 15th that i have to be back in Chicago for. Right now it looks like a lot of people are saying huge first week. From what I have been hearing, people really think that time from November 6 to 8 is the best days to be in the field. I really think bucks will be seeking does that first week and start to be locked down the second week. I just don't know......
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 am

Bigb wrote:I'm still pretty torn. I know it is really dependent on the weather and I also have a wedding the evening of November 15th that i have to be back in Chicago for. Right now it looks like a lot of people are saying huge first week. From what I have been hearing, people really think that time from November 6 to 8 is the best days to be in the field. I really think bucks will be seeking does that first week and start to be locked down the second week. I just don't know......

First week is the safe bet... especially with the wedding. Make the wife happy and hunt the 4-9....
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Beartown18
500 Club

Unread postby Beartown18 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:04 am

I would go with the first week.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:09 am

Bigb wrote:I'm still pretty torn. I know it is really dependent on the weather and I also have a wedding the evening of November 15th that i have to be back in Chicago for. Right now it looks like a lot of people are saying huge first week. From what I have been hearing, people really think that time from November 6 to 8 is the best days to be in the field. I really think bucks will be seeking does that first week and start to be locked down the second week. I just don't know......

First week no doubt especially if you have a buck local dialed in. You can lose them fast later.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:15 am

11-16th where you are going
adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:18 pm

i am hunting calhoun county nov 7th-12th i am pretty pumped about that week opening up for me. hunting on a farm that has some pretty tough restrictions so it's either big or non-existent.
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:34 pm

adudeuknow wrote:i am hunting calhoun county nov 7th-12th i am pretty pumped about that week opening up for me. hunting on a farm that has some pretty tough restrictions so it's either big or non-existent.

Sweet!
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
south

Unread postby south » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 pm

I couldnt decide...so i took both of them off work!
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 am

Full moon is Nov 6th, to me that means pretty limited movement morning and evening around that time. Bucks should be cruising at mid day though whether because of the full moon at night or being directly overhead at mid day Im not sure so its not like that week will be bad. I would go out on a limb and say the second week of november will be better though, I have seen a surge in daylight rutting activity a few days after the full moon most years. I know studies have shown does get bred the same time every year regardless of moon but daylight rutting activity (bucks on their feet) does seem to vary year to year from what I have seen. I have the feeling that daylight rutting movement will be a bit later this year.
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:27 am

I had 4 days vacation floating around, so I had a tough decision between October 20-23 or November 17-20, I went with the later, but still don't know if it's right! Taking vacation really shouldn't be so stressful! :lol: :lol:
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:37 am

If you can take 4 days off work and you get Veterans day off, I'd go 6-12. That's the prime time down here.
Justin85

Unread postby Justin85 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:45 am

Taking 3rd and 4th off of Nov. So I'll have Sat Nov 1- Tues Nov 4 off. Didn't think about the moon. Only trying to get a lre rut hunt in before gun.

Second guessing myself now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mibowhunter91

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:47 am

I always like the 1st week of November as well but I tend to see more of the bigger bucks moving later in the month

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:58 am

south wrote:I couldnt decide...so i took both of them off work!

Smart. :handgestures-thumbup:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”