DNR App???

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

christian1
500 Club

DNR App???

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 am

Hunting times app isn't working on my phone. Anyone else?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Dewey

Re: DNR App???

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:09 am

Mine works but the hunting times are off by one hour. Alert tells me hunting hours are over while the sun is still shining. :roll:

I emailed the DNR web app person to let them know but got no response. If their going to provide something like that it at least should be working properly. Didn't have any problems last season.

christian1
500 Club

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:19 am

I was going to erase it and redownload the app, but I can't find it. Think it went away all together ?

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 am

I downloaded the Wisconsin dnr pocket ranger a week ago....has the regs, hours etc. Mine works fine.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
christian1
500 Club

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am

My DNR app just says that nothing is in season so it won't give times. I looked at the app you have JM. The DNR app was just a little nicer because it just spit out the start and close times for where ever you were. No need to look at a table.

chris
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:51 am

Mine just sent me an alert a 1/2 hr ago saying hunting hours ended at 6:21 pm. :doh:

Emailed DNR again.................

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Mine you just impute the zone (southern zone b) and it gives you the times.

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Mine you just impute the zone (southern zone b) and it gives you the times.

Yep mine works good...

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Thinking you guys may have a different app. Mine says current location or you can choose zones. I tried Zone B southern and current location and both are off minus 1 hour.

I have the first app called WI DNR HUNT that came out before last season. Gonna have to check for newer versions.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Finally got a reply. Guess it all makes sense now! :doh:

Hello,
Earlier this year, DNR took the Sunrise Sunset App off the Apple and Android Markets and incorporated the app into the FREE Wisconsin Hunt, Fish and Wildlife Pocket Ranger®.
We greatly appreciate your support of the original Sunrise Sunset app but have discontinued its support and encourage you to download the new Pocket Ranger®.
Information on how to download the app can be found here: http://dnr.wi.gov/mobileapps/
If you have not yet, download the new FREE app today and gain access to useful fishing, hunting and wildlife watching information in the palm of your hand. This innovative outdoor guide brings the outdoors to your fingertips and helps you plan the perfect adventure. Now with the complete app, you will be able to locate Wisconsin's fishing, hunting and wildlife watching sites and gain immediate access to on-the-spot species profiles, rules, regulations, and permit and license details all from within ONE mobile app.
The Sunrise-Sunset calculator, now included in the Wisconsin Pocket Ranger®, continues to help hunters check for legal hunting times and the regulations for any day. You will continue to have easy access to this information through the new app anytime and anywhere.
We apologize for any inconvenience but hope you enjoy the new app. Thank you for your continued support and we wish you a safe and successful hunt.
We are committed to service excellence.
Visit our survey at http://dnr.wi.gov/customersurvey to evaluate how I did.

R. Chris Welch
DNR Web Manager – Office of Communications
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Phone: (608) 266-9671
Cell Phone: (608) 220-4645
robert.welch@wisconsin.gov

christian1
500 Club

Unread postby christian1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Don't like it :twisted: The other app was better for times. Now I have the whole time table on the screen of my phone which isn't great for a guy who is in denial of needing glasses :lol:

chris
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 am

christian1 wrote:Don't like it :twisted: The other app was better for times. Now I have the whole time table on the screen of my phone which isn't great for a guy who is in denial of needing glasses :lol:

chris

The Pocket Ranger app has a hunting hour calculator similar to the old one. Go under hunting/trapping and then select sunrise/sunset calculator. Works the same but not nearly as easy as the old one that was instant when you selected the app. The alerts sent to my phone were nice too as mine would vibrate at closing time when it was sent. Can't find a way to set that up on the newer app. :?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”