Heater body suits, anybody use them?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Heater body suits, anybody use them?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:06 am

I know this has been discussed before on here, but we have many new members now, and thought I would run it by everyone..... do you have one, do you think they are worth the money? I was looking on ebay, and the cheapest I saw, was $349.... Have they come up? I thought they were about 289 last year...

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Heater body suits, anybody use them?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:12 am

Worth the money if you hunt a lot of late season. I love mine. Combined with merino wool base layers and a light jacket, I can hunt comfortably in sub-zero temps for hours.

$289 is the post-season price. If your need isn't acute, I'd wait until then.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:41 am

Scored mine on Craigs List a couple years ago for $150 so keep an eye on there. I love mine. The ability to dress light for the walk in and setup and still be warm once I'm setup is fantastic.
utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 am

Agree with the others.. if you want to be on stand when it's cold out, it is worth it.
eob

Unread postby eob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 am

I have and it lives up to the hype. Warmest hunting outfit I have ever used. I tried the Warm Bag when it first came out. Found it to restricting when sitting. Returned it for a full refund. Sticking with with HBS.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:33 am

So if it's 30 degrees outside, you can just get by with wearing a pair of long underwear and jeans, and mabe a light sweatshirt underneath? Do the bigger warmer hunting boots fit inside of these things?
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:34 am

Last year was first year using mine, I don't regret the cost at all! Kept me comfortable, my feet and hands used to get cold due to poor circulation, tried every possible thing prior and heater body suit is only thing that helped me.
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:38 am

dreaming bucks wrote:So if it's 30 degrees outside, you can just get by with wearing a pair of long underwear and jeans, and mabe a light sweatshirt underneath? Do the bigger warmer hunting boots fit inside of these things?

I just shoved a Lacrosse Iceman size 12 pack boot in mine and it fit with ease, when hunting all I needed was 400 gram hunting boot though.
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:41 am

olivertractor wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:So if it's 30 degrees outside, you can just get by with wearing a pair of long underwear and jeans, and mabe a light sweatshirt underneath? Do the bigger warmer hunting boots fit inside of these things?

I just shoved a Lacrosse Iceman size 12 pack boot in mine and it fit with ease, when hunting all I needed was 400 gram hunting boot though.

Thanks, that helps.... I have poor circulation in my hands and feet also, and was thinking this might be my best answer to that...
Mibowhunter91

Unread postby Mibowhunter91 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:50 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
olivertractor wrote:

Thanks, that helps.... I have poor circulation in my hands and feet also, and was thinking this might be my best answer to that...

Same here never used to get cold now my hands and feet kill me maybe the years workin in ice cold water back in high school didn't help the cause

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:41 am

I've posted about my love for the hbs many times. It's expensive up front, but I truly believe that I've saved money over the years because of the hbs. This because I haven t been spending cash on ineffective cold weather gear. I can dress light on my way in and stay warm all day. I really love it when I need to cross water with hipboots and/or chest waders. Because I don't want to be bundled up when crossing a river or deep creek. You really don't need too much camo ether. I've just walked in with blue jeans and a hoody- no long underwear- in 30 degree weather and stayed warm.
The negatives....its bulky. It's a lot to strap on your stand and get through the woods/brush. I think you also create a big profile if you're in a small tree.
With this all said- the positives outweigh the negatives and I consider the hbs a very important piece of equipment. Bottom line is that it allows you to stay on stand in comfort for as log as you want. All day hunts are no prob.

matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:44 am

I haven't needed hand warmers for years and use 400 gram boots all year. I've been using the hbs for nearly 10 years...same suit no issues

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks for the replies guys........ Do they normally come with some sort of back strap to carry it in, or is it like a duffel bag before you unpack it?
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:09 am

It comes with a backpack strap

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:18 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:It comes with a backpack strap

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Thanks...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”