Great idea for wind checker

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

tcop7
500 Club

Re: Great idea for wind checker

Unread postby tcop7 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:03 am

I posted on their video on Facebook and said "I'm not so sure you didn't get this idea from Dan Infalt's hunting forum "The Hunting Beast." If you did I think you should be giving him the credit in your videos and advertising for his forum. Not copying his ideas and taking credit for them as your own."

They responded, "I appreciate the comment, but I didn't get the idea about milkweed from Dan. Kinda like I didn't get the idea to use a lone wolf stand and sticks from dan, or following deer tracks, or rubs height knowledge. I'm not really sure what to say about this. I broke open milkweeds and watched them drift around when I was 14 years old. So maybe dan stole that from me."

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

[glow=green]Experience Is What You Get When You Didn't Get What You Wanted![/glow]

[glow=blue]McLaughlin Athletic Center[/glow]
[glow=blue]Northwest Ohio's Youth Sports Complex![/glow]
[dropshadow=blue]Visit us at --->[/dropshadow]http://www.macgymohio.com/ [dropshadow=blue]<---[/dropshadow]
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:08 am

Captain Nick wrote:Hi Guys,

Nick from Public Land Hunters here. Just came across this thread and thought I would leave a reply.

The 2013 season for us was a great success. Dan definitely was instrumental in "giving us a framework" to operate in. Thanks Dan for putting out your DVD's [glow=red](it really changed the way we hunt)[/glow].

Just wanted to quickly clarify a few things:

We haven't been at any shows selling DVD's (so that wasn't us)

and were not trying to pass off Dan's strategies as our own (hopefully we haven't come across this way).

Even though we are not that old yet, we just want other people to have success in the woods and in the outdoors in general. It seems
like it is getting harder for people to find the time to hunt and spend quality time with friends and family in today's world.

We simply want to help shorten the learning curve for other new hunters, and show people what is hiding out in the woods available to them, all on public land.

So, thanks again Dan for the information you provide on this site, as well as everyone else on here that shares their stories and strategies...it is all greatly appreciated!

P.S. if anyone has any additional questions, or concerns feel free to visit our publiclandhunters facebook page or site.

Thanks Guys.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 am

I would just ignore it...not really a big deal in the scheme of life. I've seen guys use them before I read it here so it's possible?

Bigger fish to fry than this Dan in my opinion.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 am

I went onto their facebook page and on there was a guy asking for some advice for hunting public land. They told him to check out their website. I commented and told him he might want to check out this website. I dont think i did much harm, will be interesting to see if there is a reply.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
ozzz

Unread postby ozzz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 am

I had to comment on the youtube video.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:39 am

I am not sure I would be too quick to say ignore it. Capitalism is rife with people copying/stealing other people's stuff and going on to get rich off it. These guys said they would give Dan/HB credit and they apparently have not. I don't mean to imply that Dan is seeking to get rich or anything but if they are taking his info and using it to build an internet presence with which they could ultimately use to build a profitable website, sponsors, etc. then Dan should get a piece of the action. Maybe I am too negative that most people are not inherently all that good hearted...99% of the time, I find a profit motive in most peoples' actions. Very few people really do things for other people for free and for the fun of it.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:19 am

Very few people really do things for other people for free and for the fun of it.

Correct, it takes time and money to run a site like theres, they are not doing out of the kindness of there hearts. Even I would like to make a little money for what I do...
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 am

I was just looking at there Facebook page ...IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO A POST ON FEB 11 ....
it says here are four bucks we took using DAN INFALTS tactics from huntingbeast.com so clearly they are picking the tactics up from dan and this sight
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 am

BigHunt wrote:I was just looking at there Facebook page ...IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO A POST ON FEB 11 ....
it says here are four bucks we took using DAN INFALTS tactics from huntingbeast.com so clearly they are picking the tactics up from dan and this sight

Actually, thats good to hear.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 am

dan wrote:
BigHunt wrote:I was just looking at there Facebook page ...IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO A POST ON FEB 11 ....

Actually, thats good to hear.

was thinking the same thing now I feel bad :liar: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:24 am

I don't want to beat the horse here but Feb is long gone...I haven't looked at their website so hopefully I am not incorrect on but it seems to the proper thing to do would be to give credit and or a link to this site on their site. That's what Wired to Hunt does. Mark is very explicit about where he gets his info and is very open about it. I'd think that would be the rule to follow in these situations. I apologize in advance if they have and certainly appreciate the work they have put into their site. I'm sure it's a lot of time and effort. It's bad enough having the Chinese steal all of our intellectual property...one post out of many doesn't qualify as giving proper credit in my view.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
mzldr2

Unread postby mzldr2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Maybe they need to move this post to somewhere more prevalent on the actual website instead of buried on facebook page....Obviously they noted the source at one time...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 139&type=1

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”