Post Peak Breeding Rut Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jboswell
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.boswell.12

Re: Post Peak Breeding Rut Hunting

Unread postby jboswell » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:42 am

Stanley wrote:I never heard of Don Higgins until just now. I had to look him up. I believe he is from Illinois. Illinois has a 3 day shot gun season around the 3d week in November. I think this would bode well for what he is saying. I also think he is correct for the states that have no gun season in November. I personally love bow hunting on Thanksgiving day. I also think it is a great time to knock down a good one where I hunt.

I agree Stanley, Thanksgiving is a great time to bowhunt Iowa. I have had many great encounters that week but, unfortunately my buck tag was filled or I missed :oops: so I don't have a kill that week... many of my hunting buddies have killed nice deer then though.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Post Peak Breeding Rut Hunting

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:20 am

Autumn Ninja wrote:The rut is a good time stick a buck here. But its very unpredictable, you never know when or what might show up.

I love hunting Dec. Jan...it seems that I literally have the woods all to myself that time of year. I enjoy hunting much more when its cold and solitary.

Your best chance of catching a mature buck on his feet in daylight (here) is in September. But I can't stand hunting in 90º-100º temps and velvet bucks are not appealing to me in the least.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I agree 100% if its not fun I'm not doing it. Sometimes we make hunting a job we push ourselves to go, even when we really don't want to. One good quality fun hunt is worth so much more than 10 quantity hunts that are no fun.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”