Greg Miller?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Greg Miller?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 am

Is he still around doing hunting shows? I have not heard anything about him for some time now.

Bucky

Re: Greg Miller?

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:44 am

dreaming bucks wrote:Is he still around doing hunting shows? I have not heard anything about him for some time now.

He has his own TV show In Pursuit... travels hunting all year filming for it. He has a bunch of sponsors.....
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am

I don't watch hunting shows anymore so I would not know

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 am

I haven't seen him much since he was being spoon fed with Primetime Bucks..
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:59 am

bones09 wrote:I haven't seen him much since he was being spoon fed with Primetime Bucks..

Well that's where I remember him from also, but was wondering where the heck he ended up....

Spoon fed? :think:
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 am

His books are good.

I don't watch hunting shows.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Knute78
500 Club

Unread postby Knute78 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:02 am

I believe In Pursuit TV has ended and Greg had moved on to a new show call The Hunt with Greg and Jake. So he is still filming and most definitely still around.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Genesis 27:3

"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am

Knute78 wrote:I believe In Pursuit TV has ended and Greg had moved on to a new show call The Hunt with Greg and Jake. So he is still filming and most definitely still around.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Oh yeah... correct

He still lives in Bloomer, WI

Again, for anyone that thinks this guy is a slouch hunter.... it would take you less than 30 minutes of talking to him to understand he knows a TON about whitetails and how to kill them. I shot with him at TallTines in IL when I won a hunt back in 2011... he was an excellent shot out to 50 yards+

He may go to outfitters, but he hangs all of his and his cameraman's own sets/ground blinds. He understands how important it is to be the 1st in when trying to kill a mature buck
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:22 am

the guy is the real deal. he cut his teeth on northewoods WI public land. he got is shot on tv from his accomplishments he made on his own and before anyone knew him.
christian1
500 Club

Unread postby christian1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:42 am

He has a hunting show that mainly "stars" his son. Not my keep of tea. That's not to take anything away from him personally, but it's just too gimmicky for me.

chris
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:59 am

I met Greg at the Iowa Deer Classic years back. It was just before he started up In Pursuit. Greg Miller is the real deal; I talked with him for atleast 15-20 minutes about hunting. He is a really nice guy and I think any hunter could learn a thing or two from him.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:21 am

I know he has shot alot of nice bucks, but does anyone know how many booners he's shot? I have no idea, I'm asking...
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:03 am

dreaming bucks wrote:I know he has shot alot of nice bucks, but does anyone know how many booners he's shot? I have no idea, I'm asking...

I know he killed a 180"er in Alberta... I think that was his biggest
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:30 am

My spoon fed comment may have been kinda harsh. That's just the feel i get from it when people travel from outfitter to outfitter. Even if he does hang his own sets, i'm sure he's not going in blind. I know he's a smart man tho and he's killed lots of bucks on private and public grounds. Strange i haven't caught one of his new shows..
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:46 am

Most of the pioneers of the hunting industry started with not much, some may have had some kind of a leg up in certain areas, but knew no more than most guys 20 years ago. I remember some old prime time buck videos where he shot some 120 to 130 bucks and was happier than a kid with a new bike.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”