Which stand and stick to buy right now?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Re: Which stand and stick to buy right now?

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:35 am

I'm a big fan of the bloodsport stand that muddy makes. I also like the muddy sticks. With the rope system it is super fast and super quiet to hang. Also use the Lone wolfs and can't say a bad thing about them, i do think they are a little more quiet than the bloodsports.

Terry
500 Club

Unread postby Terry » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:41 am

what model of Muddy sticks are you guys using?
briar
500 Club

Unread postby briar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:35 pm

I had a muddy stick for my top stick and used it 3x noooo thanks. Didnt like it one bit

[ Post made via Android ] Image
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:07 pm

cdeam wrote:
WiredToHunt wrote:I personally like the Lone Wolf Assault stand, combo'd with the Muddy Sticks. Really like the rope/cam design on the Muddy Sticks for a quick/quiet attachment to tree.

As I said earlier I stack a single muddy on three LW's. I dig the dual steps on the muddy, but I must be the only guy who HATES the rope cam system. I'd love the same stick with a versa button and LW strap instead. Guess I'm a weirdo!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Check out the muddy hunter sticks- just what you're looking for. I just got some and think they're going to be perfect to pair with my alpha.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Jdub

Unread postby Jdub » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 am

cbay wrote:Some chatter on AT about this deal on the sticks and a $10 off coupon http://www.fieldsupply.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=xop

I jumped on this deal Friday. They shipped and should be here tomorrow. Great price.
GloryDaysDesign
Facebook: twitter: @leestrohe

Unread postby GloryDaysDesign » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:31 am

wow, thanks for the link JDub!
Tractorsaw1

Unread postby Tractorsaw1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:46 am

I use the leverage sticks converted to a rope system. I turned an aluminum button & use a life line rope. Kind of a different spin. Double steps that can fold up & rope quiet.
Terry
500 Club

Unread postby Terry » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 am

binney59 wrote:
cdeam wrote:
WiredToHunt wrote:I personally like the Lone Wolf Assault stand, combo'd with the Muddy Sticks. Really like the rope/cam design on the Muddy Sticks for a quick/quiet attachment to tree.

As I said earlier I stack a single muddy on three LW's. I dig the dual steps on the muddy, but I must be the only guy who HATES the rope cam system. I'd love the same stick with a versa button and LW strap instead. Guess I'm a weirdo!

Check out the muddy hunter sticks- just what you're looking for. I just got some and think they're going to be perfect to pair with my alpha.

The Muddy "Hunter" sticks are on sale right now for $100/3 at basspro. They have a shipping deal going on too.

johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Terry wrote:
binney59 wrote:
cdeam wrote:

The Muddy "Hunter" sticks are on sale right now for $100/3 at basspro. They have a shipping deal going on too.

Thanks Ill check them out asap. Id really like a set of both to use for a season and decide for myself. (LW and MDY)
Terry
500 Club

Unread postby Terry » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Cabelas is offering the same sale too.

I ordered the Muddy's. Figured I might like having a step on both sides. If not they will go up for sale.
SSMinnow
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jared.burgess.31

Unread postby SSMinnow » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:22 am

I want the Muddy sticks but which ones?

The Muddy's with the rope cam design are only 20" long and come in a 4 pack for $140 sale price at Cabela's
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Muddy-Ou ... l+Products

The Muddy Hunter sticks with 3 steps are 32" long and come in a 3 pack for $100 sale price at Cabela's
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Muddy-Ou ... l+Products

I really wish they had 3 step sticks with the rope cam...any suggestions? seems like 20" is really short, fraid id need a pile of steps
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:57 am

I wanst aware the 2 muddys had different strap systems. Does anyone know which system is best, or have a picture/description of the 2 muddys strap and LW straps? I didnt know there were so many options...
cbigbear
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/mobilehuntinggear/

Unread postby cbigbear » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:07 am

johndeere506 wrote:I wanst aware the 2 muddys had different strap systems. Does anyone know which system is best, or have a picture/description of the 2 muddys strap and LW straps? I didnt know there were so many options...

The longer Muddy's have the same design as the LW's. The short sticks have the rope & cam cleat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8C8CnGeftE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT3r2gf3wIo
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:43 am

I have the muddy hunter sticks. I like the strap design of my lone wolfs and dont feel like messing with the smaller steps to get the rope. I ordered mine from amazon and they are tax free at 99 with free shipping. I set them up pretty quick and think I am going to really like them. There is a slight indent on the back of each step that the stick seats into making them super secure.

An added benefit of the muddy hunter sticks is that they come un-assembled which makes adding stealth strips easy.
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 am

cbigbear wrote:
johndeere506 wrote:I wanst aware the 2 muddys had different strap systems. Does anyone know which system is best, or have a picture/description of the 2 muddys strap and LW straps? I didnt know there were so many options...

The longer Muddy's have the same design as the LW's. The short sticks have the rope & cam cleat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8C8CnGeftE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT3r2gf3wIo

Thanks! Ill check out the videos. I just bought the LW and Muddy hunters, apparently same strap system. I thought they were different, but at least if I stack 3 LW and 1 muddy up top, the attachement will be consistent.

I underestimated the demand for XOP's. I missed the sale posted above a few days back, and just now was in checkout at DSG for the cheaper XOP, and it went out of stock literally while I entered card info...

Looks like it will be a LW Alpha for me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”