WHO NEEDS MILKWEED?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Justin85

Re: WHO NEEDS MILKWEED?

Unread postby Justin85 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:18 am

The only thing that troubles me is his saying its a place to kiss Dan's hind parts.

I can't tell you how many posts I've read that say when Dan, stanley, or SPYSER speak, they listen....

And no that list wasnt all inclusive
[ Post made via Android ] Image

Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:33 am

Can't we all just get a long lol, I promise Dan is not going to make any money on selling milkweed. Fuel and time cost something not counting everything else that goes into it. Plus with the paypal fees what did he really make.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 am

I can't wait for the season to start...

basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:56 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I can't wait for the season to start...

No doubt, I am on a bass fishing forum that is the same way, when the water gets hard and unfishable everybody starts trouble.
Swampbuck

Unread postby Swampbuck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:02 am

Spysar wrote:
dan wrote:I got this in a PM from a member and want to put it out there for everybody to read:

Dan , I finally come back on the site and I read 5 pods of milkweed for $10??? Why are you ripping off the members? I'm stunned......5 pods wouldn't last a week for one guy.....And guys that look up to you are being suckered.

But I guess people buy bottled water, so maybe it's just me........just sayin...

2 or 3 pods last me all year... I am only doing this cause people have asked me to. It costs $5 to ship, I have to drive around and find it, pick it, prep it, and it has to be packaged and driven to the post office. ITS PRETTY MUCH FREE.
Does anybody else feel this way? Cause I feel like I am doing you guys a favor by doing this, and we really ain't making anything off this.
Lots of guys posted saying they wanted it, so I made it available... I do have better things to do with my time.

I wrote the PM. Last I knew the "P" in PM stands for PRIVATE. So thanks Dan, for posting a private message..... Just cause I said what others were probably thinking....There have been so many times where people send to other people for free, that there is no need to rip people off by charging $2 a pod!! Where is shipping $5 anyway?? All this site is anymore is a place to kiss Dans Azz.....

Why do you even care? seems like a big deal being made about $10. If you are willing to send them to people for free and spend the time going to get it, drive to the post office and pay for shipping then you should just make that offer under Dan's original.

Otherwise it just sounds like sour grapes
Make It Happen
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:20 am

Spysar, for a guy that won numerous FREE prizes including a guided hunt in the Big Buck Contest over the years you sure seem to be an ungrateful person. Really.....your going to complain about something so petty.....,..unbelievable. Do us all a favor and take your attitude and pot stirring to Archery Talk if that's how it's going to be. We don't need this here and it's been very peaceful here while you were gone.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:42 am

Dewey wrote:Spysar, for a guy that won numerous FREE prizes including a guided hunt in the Big Buck Contest over the years you sure seem to be an ungrateful person. Really.....your going to complain about something so petty.....,..unbelievable. Do us all a favor and take your attitude and pot stirring to Archery Talk if that's how it's going to be. We don't need this here and it's been very peaceful here while you were gone.

Yep x2 strongly agree

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:28 am

A few people whom I respect told me they thought that I crossed the line by posting the PM. I apologize for doing so, though, I thought it was the right move at the time.

Don't mistake my apology for weakness though... This site is not going to tolerate disrespect.

Lets get back on track from here out and post positive things...
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:39 am

What is wrong with making a profit anyway? It's not a scam. He is providing a valuable service. I am interested in buying one of those air raid stands from Dan as well. While I don't want to pay more than I would if I called myself, I hope there would be few dollars in it for him.

I'm in for some pods. I'll pm Carol. Thanks Dan.

http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:05 am

If you need some make sure you confirm with Carol via PM.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 am

buckybeaton wrote:down here in the South there is no milkweed to my knowledge. I picked up some dandelion pods early this summer and it looks to be very similar. have any of you guys had experience with dandelions ?

It will work somewhat but it is heavier and don't float as well especially in calm, which is when you need it the most.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:23 am

Really, somebody had a problem with this?

My first reaction was OMG THANK YOU!

There is none down here and I have been racking my brain to come up with something similar.

I will be buying some, each year if possible and I will pay more if needed to cover the long shipping.

THANK YOU!
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:59 am

PalmettoKid wrote:Really, somebody had a problem with this?

There is none down here and I have been racking my brain to come up with something similar.

I will be buying some, each year if possible and I will pay more if needed to cover the long shipping.

THANK YOU!

I agree 100%. Some places don't have the milk weed seed and it is nice to be able to get some for cheap.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Muy Grande
Location: Alabama; chase whitetails in Tennessee and Kentucky

Unread postby Muy Grande » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03 pm

PalmettoKid wrote:Really, somebody had a problem with this?

THANK YOU!

No kidding. I was more than happy to spend $10 on this. I haven't run across any down here yet, either. This worked out great for me. Thanks again, Dan!

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image
Justin85

Unread postby Justin85 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:05 pm

I think it's a great idea, but I didn't realize there were places in the northern hemisphere that didn't have it lol. Had it in NC got it here in MN and seen it in most of the 23 or 24 States I've visited.

I'd just about pay $10 not to have to handle the nasty stuff

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”